Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex Offender Registry

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

I wanted to know if many of you often take a glance in or around your areas of the men and women who are on the registry? It was a rude awakening for myself this afternoon to take a look at the high numbers of them that were in my county alone..surrounding counties... it just freaked me out. 

I don't know if it's good to be aware or scared for your children... but atleast now I know that the men I did recognize... are to stay away from my children. Got chills. It's a scary world out there. Too many wolves in sheep clothing if you ask me . 

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I will NOT ever. I have never, nor will I EVER look at that website.

First off, people get way too focused on it. Then they avoid Joe, and don't realize about Sam, who isn't on there and hasn't offended or gotten caught YET. Also, I refuse to live in constant fear. They have been around for years, and in the 80's it was horribly bad. Where do you think Code Adam came from or movies My Name is Steve came from? Be aware they are out there, teach your kids, you do NOT need to focus on this house or that, this guy or that.

Also, until they update the registry so that someone who pees in public, or someone 17 who has sex with their 15 year old girlfriend aren't listted on the same registry, I refuse to look at it. Girls can lie, or moms can force the issue then the girl is saying MOM I TOOK THONGS & SPREAD MY LEGS, but the guy lives with it the rest of their lives. No.

jyofray
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with most of that MichelleMc I have heard horrible stories though of companies not doing a great enough criminal record check and hire these perps.. I rather be safe knowing and keeping an eye out. For me personally... I question everyone lol no one is beyond question. IMO lol

steelcrazy
by Representative on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I have never looked and know for a fact that I don't have to worry about my neighbors, most of them are my relatives.

Also remember that the sex offender that you have to be most worried about is the one that hasn't yet been reported.  Background checks will never catch every offender unless people start reporting the crime in the first place.  Keeping quiet only helps the sex offender.

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM

i dont look at it

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I look all of the time.

Im sorry, but I highly disgaree with the first poster.

Just because you look at it doesnt meam anything.

And I have to look at it. To make sure my attacker, never comes off of that list and to keep track of if he is in jail or not.

Dauphin county witness protection is bad about sending out letters or calling and letting person know when attackers are let go.

I need to know so I can beware and not have a panic attack like I did a few years ago when I had his sister come into walmart and come into my line to check out.

They are there for a reason.

And no I do not live in fear. And I will continue to look at them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
endurablemist
by Crystal on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:31 AM
I check it out, but it dorsnt make me any less vigilant to my neighbors, and my children. It makes me aware of who they are, but I know there are more than just them.
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I checked it out before buying our house.  I signed up to get notifications when one moved into our area, but I haven't given it much thought since then.

I'm more concerned with who isn't on the website, then those who are following the rules and reporting their information.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I look all of the time.

And I have to look at it. To make sure my attacker, never comes off of that list and to keep track of if he is in jail or not.

Dauphin county witness protection is bad about sending out letters or calling and letting person know when attackers are let go.

I need to know so I can beware and not have a panic attack like I did a few years ago when I had his sister come into walmart and come into my line to check out.

You have someone to watch & I guess your area is lax in what they should be doing. Your cops are dropping the ball. No clue what his sister has to do with it. She should be able to come & go as she pleases to the registry anyway unless she also has attacked you sexually & is on the list to be watched/reported. But that aside...

We were talking about in general, watching it for random people, not someone who has knowningly attacked you & yours already. I still stand behind what I said. 

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM
This goes for randoma as well.

And they were warned at our first trail, theu are not allowed any contact with me. At all. And this was back in 2004.

I havent changed looks that much.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I look all of the time.

You have someone to watch & I guess your area is lax in what they should be doing. Your cops are dropping the ball. No clue what his sister has to do with it. She should be able to come & go as she pleases to the registry anyway unless she also has attacked you sexually & is on the list to be watched/reported. But that aside...

We were talking about in general, watching it for random people, not someone who has knowningly attacked you & yours already. I still stand behind what I said. 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I keep an eye on it.  You never know.  I do know men who have been missrepresented on there like the first post said but it happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)