Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Did your kids have school today?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 31 Replies

Was school open? Delayed? Closed?

Ours was open, no delay, but the roads were bad! The bus was late and at the bus stop we heard sirens and our neighbor's husband (the bus stop is on their porch) got a call to come as he is a volunteer firefighter. There was an accident just down the road from our school. Many other fender benders around as well. Gah. At least they are there now and supposedly after we have sleet/freezing rain it will change to plain rain and get warmer- so hope that happens before they have to come home today!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

It's open.  We only have flurries so far.

TerriC
by Terri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

We're on a 2 hour delay.  Girls are getting ready now.  The roads were really bad this morning, but everything is melting fast now.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM

We had freezing rain all night. The ice was bad. We had a 2 hour delay. Now we are having regular rain, but it hadn't helped in time for the ice to melt yet. 

cafay
by Terri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

School was open. I kept him home anyway. Driving in snow is one thing, driving on ice is another. School is right down the street-like 2 miles and the time he comes home they are predicting would be really bad. So I kept him home. He's safe, that's all I'm interested in. They closed early on Friday, when we got a dusting of snow. I was  surprised they didn't close for ice. Makes no sense!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Quoting cafay:

School was open. I kept him home anyway. Driving in snow is one thing, driving on ice is another. School is right down the street-like 2 miles and the time he comes home they are predicting would be really bad. So I kept him home. He's safe, that's all I'm interested in. They closed early on Friday, when we got a dusting of snow. I was  surprised they didn't close for ice. Makes no sense!

I was totally regretting sending my kids today! Hopefully it will be all rain here later and we don't seem to be getting sleet/freezing rain (or any precip) at the moment. It was a bad call by our school this morning, though, IMO! The bus driver was not pleased! The bus was also really empty so I think other kept their kids home, too.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

We had a 2 hour delay this morning.  My boys will be leaving for the bus stop shortly.

I'm not sure if it will make you feel any better, but it has been a steady rain here for the past 2.5-3 hours.  Our road is just wet now.

GLO682
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids school was closed even before the snow/ice started.

they were ecstatic this morning.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

We had a 2 hour delay this morning.  My boys will be leaving for the bus stop shortly.

I'm not sure if it will make you feel any better, but it has been a steady rain here for the past 2.5-3 hours.  Our road is just wet now.

It does! I'm thinking that warmer air/rain should get here within just a few hours if it's there now! :-)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Quoting SahmTam:

Quoting steelcrazy:

It does! I'm thinking that warmer air/rain should get here within just a few hours if it's there now! :-)

I figured that info would help.

heatherh610
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Snow day here just north of Allentown. I LOVE snow days...love any day all of my kiddos are home!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN