Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(1/28) Do you

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 34 Replies

have a favorite kitchen item/utensil?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Electric tea kettle

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It's quickly becoming my crockpot.  I've had one for a few years, but never used it very often. Recently I've started using it a lot.  It makes cooking so much easier!

cafay
by Terri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Well I have this huge straining spoon that I love. Often when I'm pouring pasta or veggies into a strainer in the sink, the water splashes out and it always seems to splash onto my stomach and it hurts like the dickens. So last year for Christmas, I got this huge straining spoon that I love.Now I can just spoon my stuff right into a serving bowl,no dumping water out anymore.So that would be one thing, and I got a slow cooker this year for Christmas, and though I had one before this one is totally awesome.Puts the other one to shame!

TerriC
by Terri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I use crock pots a lot as well. I have 3 big ones, one medium sized one and a few years ago, my dad bought me the crock pot trio. I love it. We entertain quite a bit, so crock pots really come in handy.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

It's quickly becoming my crockpot.  I've had one for a few years, but never used it very often. Recently I've started using it a lot.  It makes cooking so much easier!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by Terri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I do like my straining spoon! Dh got me the Rachael Ray pasta pot for Christmas and I love it. It has a drain spout type thing on the side. Makes it easier to drain the water.

Quoting cafay:

Well I have this huge straining spoon that I love. Often when I'm pouring pasta or veggies into a strainer in the sink, the water splashes out and it always seems to splash onto my stomach and it hurts like the dickens. So last year for Christmas, I got this huge straining spoon that I love.Now I can just spoon my stuff right into a serving bowl,no dumping water out anymore.So that would be one thing, and I got a slow cooker this year for Christmas, and though I had one before this one is totally awesome.Puts the other one to shame!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TerriC:

I use crock pots a lot as well. I have 3 big ones, one medium sized one and a few years ago, my dad bought me the crock pot trio. I love it. We entertain quite a bit, so crock pots really come in handy.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Maybe thats my problem. I need to entertain more.

cafay
by Terri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Quoting TerriC: Sweet! We have her large skillet.It's getting old and we should get a new one.She's got good stuff!

I do like my straining spoon! Dh got me the Rachael Ray pasta pot for Christmas and I love it. It has a drain spout type thing on the side. Makes it easier to drain the water.

Quoting cafay:

Ma2JennaB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM

My bullet blender.

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I completely forgot that I bought a trio one at Kohl's right before Xmas for $10.50 and I haven't even used it yet!  Thanks for reminding me!  lol

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting lalasmama2007:

MomWeb
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

my skillet. My SIL got it for me about 4 Christmases ago, DH dropped it and broke all the handles on it but I love it and still use it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)