Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do u

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 12 Replies
Get your dh help I work 2 jobs cook and clean and I am the one take care of the dogs and everytime I ask for help it in a min and it easier to my self then wait for him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I work part time, and he works full. So majority of it is on me because i feel i work less. BUT, if I need something I just tell him or he says, make him a list. He forgets otherwise. It isn't on purpose, just his memory is shot, plus once he gets home, he isn't normally in "work" mode. Or he is on other things work mode. So, he says to leave him a list of things I would want him to do, LOL. 

Now when I worked more, I again, the list system worked. I asked him to do whatever. Dogs, Laundry, dishes, start dinner, etc. 

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM

He just does.  If he didn't help around the house I wouldn't be working.  That is for sure.

He doesn't clean..he takes care of his messes, encourages the kids to clean up after themselves and do their chores, but he does his fair share..animal duty, basement stuff, repairs, outside stuff..etc.  We've also been taking turns making dinner.

cafay
by Terri on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM

My husband will always help me if I ask.And I have a list hung up for things he needs to do, though not immediately. And I try to make sure he knows I appreciate his help. Not as a way of kissing his butt, but letting him know, I appreciate it, just seems to help. A smile, a kiss, a thank-you can go a long way. They say you get more out of honey than vinegar! I try to remember that when I get impatient.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don't always get his help right NOW but usually he will pitch in.  He's good about helping to keep me sane.

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM

My dh is more domestic than I am.  He does the cooking.  I do most of the cleaning and the kids are learning how to do more each day.  He washes his own clothes.  The biggest problem is that he is so perticular about everthing.  He does so much because no one does much of anything that he approves of.

steelcrazy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM

IDK, he has always helped with stuff around the house since day 1.  I don't even have to ask most of the time.  Then again, I pay him well.  lol

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I cant get any help that the problem if i was not working all the time i would not mind him not helping but i am doing it all

Quoting Vertical15:

I don't always get his help right NOW but usually he will pitch in.  He's good about helping to keep me sane.

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM

that is my mother in law and it drives me crazy

Quoting ninamsi:

My dh is more domestic than I am.  He does the cooking.  I do most of the cleaning and the kids are learning how to do more each day.  He washes his own clothes.  The biggest problem is that he is so perticular about everthing.  He does so much because no one does much of anything that he approves of.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Yea, all I have to do is ask.  I would be angry if he didn't help.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

I cant get any help that the problem if i was not working all the time i would not mind him not helping but i am doing it all

Quoting Vertical15:

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM

yea and he dont get why i get mad

Quoting Vertical15:

Yea, all I have to do is ask.  I would be angry if he didn't help.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Quoting Vertical15:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)