Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Free pancakes!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

http://www.centralpennparent.com/Heres-The-Scoop/January-2013/Free-pancakes/

Want to celebrate National Pancake Day with free pancakes while supporting a great charity?

Breakfast fans be ready: Tuesday is National Pancake Day, and IHOP® is offering a complimentary stack of its signature buttermilk pancakes from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. In return guests are encouraged to make a donation to the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital or other local charities.

One hundred percent of donations will help the charities.

Residents in Central Pennsylvania will have to earn their pancakes as the closest IHOP® is in Wyomissing (2701 N. Meridian Boulevard) or Hagerstown, Md. (17820 Garland Groh Blvd.).

This is the eighth year that IHOP® has held National Pancake Day, which has raised more than $10 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospital and other charities.

Guests can purchase “Miracle Balloons” for $1 or $5 each throughout January leading up to National Pancake Day. Participating restaurants will display the balloons in celebration of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals’ 30-year anniversary. Those who buy a $5 balloon will receive a $5 discount on their next visit.

For more information, visit http://www.ihoppancakeday.com/.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

my fil use to love pancakes

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I feel like Perkins did this too, but not necessarily for Pancake Day. lol  I think it was for Give Kids the World Charity..

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats cool.  I like when companies are willing to do something for someone else.

Quoting courtneyann29:

I feel like Perkins did this too, but not necessarily for Pancake Day. lol  I think it was for Give Kids the World Charity..

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I may have to go to ihop on Tuesday.  Luckily I have one less than 15 minutes from my house.

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I will see if our IHOP is doing this.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We aren't close to any, but I heard these days are nuts. I like that you can just purchase the balloons anytime, and not just pancake day.

Though I am a huge fan of Kings. They give to Veteran's a lot, they also do a Dessert always on the menu that goes to veterans, you can Round up your bill to veterans, you can buy their Peppermint patties for veterans & they give a 15% veteran discount. Love them :)

vallhk
by vals6pack on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM

aw I wish I knew where there was an IHop nearby

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

We don't have one either.  Whenever we go on a vacation that we are ner one its always one place we eat!

Quoting MichelleMc:

We aren't close to any, but I heard these days are nuts. I like that you can just purchase the balloons anytime, and not just pancake day.

Though I am a huge fan of Kings. They give to Veteran's a lot, they also do a Dessert always on the menu that goes to veterans, you can Round up your bill to veterans, you can buy their Peppermint patties for veterans & they give a 15% veteran discount. Love them :)

3mom627
by Cheryle on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I love pancakes, but I am sure it will be so crowded that it won't be worth it.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM

True.  People hear FREE and they flock!  :)

Quoting 3mom627:

I love pancakes, but I am sure it will be so crowded that it won't be worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN