Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

is anyone

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 18 Replies

reading a good book

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzymom80
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Reading the 2nd book of the "Beautiful Creatures" series. There is a movie coming out on Valentine's Day based on it. I saw someone mention it a year or so ago and forgot about it. Then I saw a preview for the movie recently and decided to read it. Overall, pretty good!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:48 AM
I saw the preview did not know it was books

Quoting lizzymom80:

Reading the 2nd book of the "Beautiful Creatures" series. There is a movie coming out on Valentine's Day based on it. I saw someone mention it a year or so ago and forgot about it. Then I saw a preview for the movie recently and decided to read it. Overall, pretty good!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bhow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I read them so fast I can't remember one title from another.  Just finished a Jodi Picoult.  Sorry.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Yep- "Locked On" by Tom Clancy.

cafay
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Quoting bhow: I love Jodi! She moves me. I can cry, get angry,and laugh all in one book.They are interesting, every one of them. Even if sometimes, they are too deep!My sisters Keeper made me cry  for days afterward. My husband thought I was nuts for reading something that would make me cry!

I read them so fast I can't remember one title from another.  Just finished a Jodi Picoult.  Sorry.

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I am a magazine reader.  =-)

vallhk
by vals6pack on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM

nope haven't been able to get into anything lately

bhow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Read it, loved it!  I know one I will not ever forget is 'water for elephant's'.  It was quite graphic and disturbing.  I didn't know what to think about some of it.  Our 12 yr. old loves elephants and she asked me about reading it.  I was stuttering trying to explain to her way she was not allowed to read it now, and might not ever want to.  Maybe it's just me, IDK.  Most things don't bother me but that book did.

Quoting cafay:

Quoting bhow: I love Jodi! She moves me. I can cry, get angry,and laugh all in one book.They are interesting, every one of them. Even if sometimes, they are too deep!My sisters Keeper made me cry  for days afterward. My husband thought I was nuts for reading something that would make me cry!

How2Be

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Is Water for Elephants a Jodi Picoult?  I love her too.  I always have to take a break after reading her books...they are so good, but I need to squeeze in some fluff reading afterwards. lol  The last one I read was 19 Minutes.  It's so good, you don't want to put it down, but at the same time..you want to stop reading because you can't imagine what comes next.  I've got my mom hooked on her books, now. :)

Quoting bhow:

Read it, loved it!  I know one I will not ever forget is 'water for elephant's'.  It was quite graphic and disturbing.  I didn't know what to think about some of it.  Our 12 yr. old loves elephants and she asked me about reading it.  I was stuttering trying to explain to her way she was not allowed to read it now, and might not ever want to.  Maybe it's just me, IDK.  Most things don't bother me but that book did.

Quoting cafay:

:)
Courtney

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I was on the fence about seeing the movie so i am not sure i would want to read the book water for elephants

Quoting bhow:

Quoting cafay:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN