Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

reading a good book

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Replies (11-18):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I have been reading books written by Donna VanLiere. She's a new to me author. I read her book The Good Dream and really liked it. 

I found a couple more books at my library. I read A Christmas Secret and now I am reading The Christmas Promise. I think it's a whole series but I am not reading them in order, lol.

When I am finished with this one I have November Hunt by Jess Lourey waiting, haven't read anything by this authour yet.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM

No, Water for Elephants was written by Sara Gruen. I loved that book, the story was great and well written.

I am also a huge Jodi P. fan. My absolute favorite by her is 19 minutes~ it was so good, I felt so sad for the character who was bullied through the years.

:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Is Water for Elephants a Jodi Picoult?  I love her too.  I always have to take a break after reading her books...they are so good, but I need to squeeze in some fluff reading afterwards. lol  The last one I read was 19 Minutes.  It's so good, you don't want to put it down, but at the same time..you want to stop reading because you can't imagine what comes next.  I've got my mom hooked on her books, now. :)

Quoting bhow:

Read it, loved it!  I know one I will not ever forget is 'water for elephant's'.  It was quite graphic and disturbing.  I didn't know what to think about some of it.  Our 12 yr. old loves elephants and she asked me about reading it.  I was stuttering trying to explain to her way she was not allowed to read it now, and might not ever want to.  Maybe it's just me, IDK.  Most things don't bother me but that book did.

Quoting cafay:

Quoting bhow: I love Jodi! She moves me. I can cry, get angry,and laugh all in one book.They are interesting, every one of them. Even if sometimes, they are too deep!My sisters Keeper made me cry  for days afterward. My husband thought I was nuts for reading something that would make me cry!

I read them so fast I can't remember one title from another.  Just finished a Jodi Picoult.  Sorry.

cafay
by Terri on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting bhow: I havent read that one, and from the way you speak, I'm not sure I want to. Are they mean to the elephants? If its about or contains animal cruelty, I wont read it. Ican't go there!

Read it, loved it!  I know one I will not ever forget is 'water for elephant's'.  It was quite graphic and disturbing.  I didn't know what to think about some of it.  Our 12 yr. old loves elephants and she asked me about reading it.  I was stuttering trying to explain to her way she was not allowed to read it now, and might not ever want to.  Maybe it's just me, IDK.  Most things don't bother me but that book did.

Quoting cafay:

Quoting bhow: I love Jodi! She moves me. I can cry, get angry,and laugh all in one book.They are interesting, every one of them. Even if sometimes, they are too deep!My sisters Keeper made me cry  for days afterward. My husband thought I was nuts for reading something that would make me cry!

I read them so fast I can't remember one title from another.  Just finished a Jodi Picoult.  Sorry.

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I have never read jodi p
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I'm reading the Witch's daughter. It's pretty good

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Who that by

Quoting la_bella_vita:

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Paula Brackstone

It's for a book club I'm in

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Who that by

Quoting la_bella_vita:

abilane81
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I am currently waiting on the 3rd book in the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN