Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(2/1) Do you

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 33 Replies

use coupons?  If so, are you an extreme couponer?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I'm not extreme but I coupon.  I couponed at the grocery store this morning.  Very rare thing to find me without a coupon!

cafay
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I trry to coupon. But I can find it frustrating.We used to get the paper just for the coupons, but they never had them for things we use. We don't do processed food and I wasnt finding coupons for stuff that wasnt. And for stuff I do use, it always had coupons for things that you had to buy 2 or 3 of. Like Tide. I LOVE Tide, but I'm not gonna spend 40 bucks on it at one time either.But if I can find coupons for stuff, I do .

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I do use coupons, but am not even close to being an extreme couponer.  I really don't have time for that.  In all honesty, a lot of the stuff that I buy doesn't have coupons for it and I don't see the point to buying things that you don't use/need just because you can get a great deal on it.  That seems silly to me and very wasteful.

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I use coupons, but I am in no way an extreme couponer.

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Same here.  I check on line or in the paper for coupons in stores that I will be going to.

Quoting Vertical15:

I'm not extreme but I coupon.  I couponed at the grocery store this morning.  Very rare thing to find me without a coupon!

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yes, the coupons where you have to buy mutliple are so annoying.  LOL

Quoting cafay:

I trry to coupon. But I can find it frustrating.We used to get the paper just for the coupons, but they never had them for things we use. We don't do processed food and I wasnt finding coupons for stuff that wasnt. And for stuff I do use, it always had coupons for things that you had to buy 2 or 3 of. Like Tide. I LOVE Tide, but I'm not gonna spend 40 bucks on it at one time either.But if I can find coupons for stuff, I do .

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I agree, I will not cut a coupon if it isn't something I use or need.  I hate getting in line behind an extreme couponer!  lol

Quoting steelcrazy:

I do use coupons, but am not even close to being an extreme couponer.  I really don't have time for that.  In all honesty, a lot of the stuff that I buy doesn't have coupons for it and I don't see the point to buying things that you don't use/need just because you can get a great deal on it.  That seems silly to me and very wasteful.

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Ditto.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I use coupons, but I am in no way an extreme couponer.

campingmomof4
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I use coupons for the items I use.   No I am not an extreme couponer.  I don't buy 200 candy bars because I have that many coupons to get them for nothing. 

"One kind word can warm three winter months."
-  Japanese proverb

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I use coupons but can't me extreme. I won't change brands just to use a coupon. I can't see how that makes it a savings. Also, I don't have the time to sit & do it. If I didn't work ( and I don't have little ones ) I could maybe do it. But bying papers, spending time online, finding all the websites, going to multiple stores with the deals ( then making sure the gas savings was worth it ) Nah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN