Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

PA's Low-Achieving Schools list released

Here it is.

What do you think?

slightlyperfect

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Replies (21-28):
wingmom
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Two schools from the county we used to live in are on it, but none from where we live now, I am grateful for that. Makes me feel better about the move since I have doubted myself a lot about it.

_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM

There are 4 from our county on there.  One I am not surprised at all and one that I am.  
We are fortunate to do private. 

meowsrus
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Brownsville, Uniontown, connellsville, Albert Gallatin. The A.G ones surprise me, I know loads with kids there and they are pretty good schools. The Uniontown ones are the same school building and it has been on the list for years. This district just never learns from it's mistakes there. Brownsville- not surprised, very little money there and there aren't enough teachers that care when paid that little. Connellsville, completely neutral about it, only know a few out there and a bunch of admin and teachers have changed over the years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkDragonFly
Don't judge yourself by your past. You don't live there anymore.
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

the "Price"  I am pretty sure is Manheim Township...  

Quoting SahmTam:

There are some from my county, but none from our district. Since they don't list districts I'm not sure which district all of the failing schools fall within, but the ones that I do recognize don't surprise me.

Sharon

come join the Revenge chat.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

the "Price"  I am pretty sure is Manheim Township...  

Quoting SahmTam:

There are some from my county, but none from our district. Since they don't list districts I'm not sure which district all of the failing schools fall within, but the ones that I do recognize don't surprise me.

That one would surprise me a little! I'm not familiar with all of their schools, but I thought overall Twp. was a good district.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

ArtsyMama87
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM

The ones from my area that made the list aren't surprising- nothing in our district though. There are a lot from Harrisburg,  which is close to us. My sister is all about living in philly and how it's SOOOO much better than where we grew up in every way. Well... I guess not in every way. Does this list affect the schools in any way? Will there be changes made to ensure that things improve or is it an independent thing?

tina08mommy
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I cant see it so i dont know if any from my county are on there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Three local school systems are on it but I'm not surprised.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)