Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(2/13) Do you

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 18 Replies

go to the dentist regularly?  Every 6 months?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Representative on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Yes, I do.  So do my kids.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Yes. We get dental check ups every 6 months (we have them tomorrow, in fact). I see my dentist several times every week... my dad is our dentist. :-D

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Ours are the 18th, that is why I asked the question, lol.  How nice to have your dad as your dentist.  We finally found a dentist here that we love and my girls (and me) aren't afraid of.  Lol, I am a bit of a wimp.

Quoting SahmTam:

Yes. We get dental check ups every 6 months (we have them tomorrow, in fact). I see my dentist several times every week... my dad is our dentist. :-D

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM

It is so important.  I can't believe some of the kids I see around town that have such horrible teeth and they are so young.  Very sad.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Yes, I do.  So do my kids.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quoting TerriC:

Ours are the 18th, that is why I asked the question, lol.  How nice to have your dad as your dentist.  We finally found a dentist here that we love and my girls (and me) aren't afraid of.  Lol, I am a bit of a wimp.

Quoting SahmTam:

I'm glad you found a good one. Inevitably I will have to look for a dentist for the first time in my life one of these years. My dad will be 65 in a few weeks and while he doesn't plan to retire yet, how long can he work? He says until at least 80. I say, "Dad, no one will want to go to an 80-year-old dentist!" lol

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

vallhk
by vals6pack on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM

No I couldn't tell you the last time I went.  Not good I know but it is so hard to find a good dentist in our area that doesn't cost a fortune and takes our insurance

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

No,  I spend most of my time taking my kids to their appointments.  My dd has braces.

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Don't be surprised...lol. our dentist is a father son team and the dad is in his 70's.

Quoting SahmTam:

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting SahmTam:

I'm glad you found a good one. Inevitably I will have to look for a dentist for the first time in my life one of these years. My dad will be 65 in a few weeks and while he doesn't plan to retire yet, how long can he work? He says until at least 80. I say, "Dad, no one will want to go to an 80-year-old dentist!" lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM
That's a tough one. Can you call your insurance and request a list of dentists that are close and accept your type of insurance?

Quoting vallhk:

No I couldn't tell you the last time I went.  Not good I know but it is so hard to find a good dentist in our area that doesn't cost a fortune and takes our insurance

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I think as parents, we neglect ourselves a bit for our kids. Easy to do. Both of my girls were told they will need braces and they are only 8 and 9. Not looking forward to those payments!

Quoting ninamsi:

No,  I spend most of my time taking my kids to their appointments.  My dd has braces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)