Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(2/19) Do you

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 31 Replies

have allergies?  Seasonal?  Food?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM

In a way. When the weather changes I can tell it. I get a little more "drainage" Sinus issues more than allergies. Nothing really known on food, but I get this "clear my throat thing" for certain foods ketchups & things. 

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I never had to take seasonal allergy meds until I moved to PA.  I am also allergic to shelfish which is a bummer because I love it.  lol

Quoting MichelleMc:

In a way. When the weather changes I can tell it. I get a little more "drainage" Sinus issues more than allergies. Nothing really known on food, but I get this "clear my throat thing" for certain foods ketchups & things. 

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Nope. I have 2 kids with treenut allergies, though. And my daughter has a dust mite allergy.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Quoting TerriC:

I never had to take seasonal allergy meds until I moved to PA.  I am also allergic to shelfish which is a bummer because I love it.  lol

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah I need to get some local honey & start using it more often. It helps with local allergies. People were knew military swore by it. When they got transfered to a new base. They would get local honey & start with it. It would help greatly.

bhow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I take 2 oral meds daily and use an inhaler.  I get 2 shots every week and have for 5 yrs.  My allergies never stop, luckily the food ones are strange so they really don't bother my life style or eating habits.  Having chronic allergies is like being sick all the time...it sucks.  I have to keep my house very clean and touch no animals or wash my hands immediately if I do.  And... NEVER EVER touch my face after touching an animal!!  Not a pretty sight.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I have seasonal allergies.  When the weather changes I have a perpetual runny nose.  I also get sore throats very easily and the runny nose only makes these pop up.  Fun!

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

My worst ones seem to be in Spring, right around the corner.

Quoting Vertical15:

I have seasonal allergies.  When the weather changes I have a perpetual runny nose.  I also get sore throats very easily and the runny nose only makes these pop up.  Fun!

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

My nephew has a tree nut/peanut allergy.

Quoting SahmTam:

Nope. I have 2 kids with treenut allergies, though. And my daughter has a dust mite allergy.

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Really?  I had never heard that.  Good to know.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah I need to get some local honey & start using it more often. It helps with local allergies. People were knew military swore by it. When they got transfered to a new base. They would get local honey & start with it. It would help greatly.

cafay
by Terri on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I have allergies mostly in the spring. And I have spent most of the winter battleing my son's winter ones. That is brand new for us.I dust every day now,among other things. Not fun at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)