Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Philadelphia Flower Show

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

The Flower Show runs from March 2nd-10th at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.  Do you plan on going?

http://theflowershow.com/

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Philly and do not plan on attending.  I would love to but I do not have the money.

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Yeah, I hear you on that.  I lived in Philly for most of my life and I've only ever been to it once. 

Quoting ninamsi:

I live in Philly and do not plan on attending.  I would love to but I do not have the money.

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Wow!  Adult tickets are $28.00 in advance or $32.00 at the door!

MichelleMc
by Representative on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Wow beyond expensive. If I was close I wouldn't go, price alone would stop me. That isn't worth it, but I am not a fan of flower shows. 

MichelleMc
by Representative on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My son used to be in a bagpipe & drum band. The band would go to Legionier every year for a huge Scottish festival. The bands got no discount for going & being a part of the mass bands & they kept raising the price. It only got to $18 and we all started to want to protest by not going. I can't believe $28. Crazy, and $32 at the door. Wow. 

campingmomof4
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I might not sure if I am up to that big of a crowd yet.  The last few weeks have been tough on me.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

If you go, please let us know how it was!

Quoting campingmomof4:

I might not sure if I am up to that big of a crowd yet.  The last few weeks have been tough on me.

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

If I were to go, I'd go to the Pittsburgh one, closer to me.  My MIL is there now. (Pittsburgh that is)  lol

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I agree!  The prices are crazy!

Quoting MichelleMc:

My son used to be in a bagpipe & drum band. The band would go to Legionier every year for a huge Scottish festival. The bands got no discount for going & being a part of the mass bands & they kept raising the price. It only got to $18 and we all started to want to protest by not going. I can't believe $28. Crazy, and $32 at the door. Wow. 

MichelleMc
by Representative on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I agree!  The prices are crazy!

Quoting MichelleMc:

I am bad about what could I do with that money. I mean I do scrapbook, but still that is getting something out of it. A finished product. Not just giving someone $28 & getting nothing but looking at things. I just don't get how places feel they have the right to charge this much, and I guess they get it is how. People need to stand up & say no! Or better yet, someone else needs to come in & say, we will do one for less!

At least the games we all enjoyed but still were angry, plus drive time. 1.5 hours to get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)