• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Right now I'm feeling ____________.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 45 Replies

Fill in the blank.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Tired & sore. Worked early early hours & just usually sore. 

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Mad and helpless!

(My Mom got a letter from her employer asking her to voluntarily resign and said that her insurance is going to be stopped as of today and she'll have to do cobra.  Her 4th round of chemo is supposed to be next week and radiation is supposed to start and they are doing this.  She has been on disability for 12 weeks, not 12 years.  I wish I was in CA to help.  She is still on disability per Dr's. orders, so I can't figure this out).

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Overwhelmed.  So much to do and so little time to get it all done.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

hugs 

Quoting TerriC:

Mad and helpless!

(My Mom got a letter from her employer asking her to voluntarily resign and said that her insurance is going to be stopped as of today and she'll have to do cobra.  Her 4th round of chemo is supposed to be next week and radiation is supposed to start and they are doing this.  She has been on disability for 12 weeks, not 12 years.  I wish I was in CA to help.  She is still on disability per Dr's. orders, so I can't figure this out).

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Tell her not to do it!  They're asking her to resign because she's sick?!??  She should speak to a lawyer.  It doesn't sound legal to me!

Quoting TerriC:

Mad and helpless!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM

"So many emotions at once."  I'm having a nice day and am happy in life right now, but just got the news that a friend's husband has been given 1-2 months to live. He was diagnosed in October with an aggressive brain cancer and has been in a coma since (though over the past month or so he has been in an "emerging" stage of his coma-- not totally awake, but he can respond some, hold her hand, stroke her hair, etc.). They have 6 kids. It is just a devastating situation. :-(

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Quoting TerriC:

Mad and helpless!

:-( I'm sorry to hear that! I agree with lalasmama- she should def talk to a lawyer! What a PITA to have to deal with at a time like this, though. Shame on her employer.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Yes, they are.  Another person she worked with also went on LT disability with cancer and she is still "on the books" so I have no idea why they are doing this to her.  I told her not to sign anything and the letter has been forwarded to a lawyer.  However, they told her, her insurance is invalid as of today.  The Dr's have said if she does not start radiation right away, she would not make it through the summer.  Her boss knows this and still went forward with cancelling her insurance.  She hasn't even received COBRA papers yet.  She is so stressed and scared.  I don't get out there until the 22nd, so I feel so bad I am not there to help.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Tell her not to do it!  They're asking her to resign because she's sick?!??  She should speak to a lawyer.  It doesn't sound legal to me!

Quoting TerriC:

Mad and helpless!

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I agree, I just can't figure out why he is doing this.  Thank you.

Quoting SahmTam:

Quoting TerriC:

Mad and helpless!

:-( I'm sorry to hear that! I agree with lalasmama- she should def talk to a lawyer! What a PITA to have to deal with at a time like this, though. Shame on her employer.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

How awful =(

simple frown

Quoting SahmTam:

"So many emotions at once."  I'm having a nice day and am happy in life right now, but just got the news that a friend's husband has been given 1-2 months to live. He was diagnosed in October with an aggressive brain cancer and has been in a coma since (though over the past month or so he has been in an "emerging" stage of his coma-- not totally awake, but he can respond some, hold her hand, stroke her hair, etc.). They have 6 kids. It is just a devastating situation. :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)