Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandmother at hospital to welcome GREAT-GREAT grandchild.

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just have to share this and I've posted it in all my groups because I just think its wonderful!!!

FIVE generations of women in one picture :-) how nice is that???

My grandma is a very spunky woman. We always say she's a feisty old broad. And she just turned 89.

She has 2 daughters, 4 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren, and 1 brand new great-great grandchild :-).

I can't imagine how awesome it would be to see my family grow like that :-)

They took a pic today of the 5 generations. My grandma, her daughter, her granddaughter, her great grand daughter, and now her great great granddaughter. 5 generations of women :-)

Anyone else had something like this in your family?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

My mom is a great grandma but my gram passed before that happened. 

Though my Gram was alive still when my baby cousin had her son, so that would have been a great great. Though it wasn't all women. It was my gram, my aunt, her son ( my cousin ), His daugher ( my baby cousin ) & she had a son. 

steelcrazy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Wow!  Congrats.  

Unfortunately we will never even come close to something like that.  My grandmother became a great-grandma at the age of 89 when I had my first son.  Gram has since passed away and my son is only 12, so no chance that he would have had the chance to even think of making her a great-great-grandma.

I think that my grandfather's mother may have been a great-great-grandma when she died at 98.  I'm not quite sure though as that was back in the early 90's and I was only in my 20's and not paying attention to stuff like that.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

No, I don't have any living grandmothers.

vallhk
by vals6pack on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM

no living grandmothers here.  I wish my gma would have lived long enough to see my babies though

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM

That's awesome!  We don't have anything like that in our family, but maybe someday?  :)

endurablemist
by Crystal on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Not anytime soon. My grandmother passed before I finished high school, my mom passed away last year. My grandfather is alive, he has 13 great grandchildren, with one on the way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM

No but its wonderful that your family had that opportunity!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM

That is awesome! :-)

I knew my great-great grandmother (my paternal grandmother's grandmother). She died when I was 10.

I knew 3 out of 4 of my great-grandparents on my dad's side as my dad's one grandfather died a few years before I was born (and I only knew 1 on my mom's side, but more were alive- she just wasn't close to them).

I had all of my grandparents until I was 30... I'm 38 1/2 and still have 2 grandparents living. I feel very lucky!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)