Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(3/19) Do you

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 41 Replies

hunt?  Does your SO?  Your kid(s)?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM

My son got his hunting license when he was old enough. Then hubby & son went out. But to them it is boring. They would rather go target shooting. They go shooting all the time & on a normal basis. But hunting is boring. LOL. I would for sure be bored & have no desire to hunt. Too much sitting & waiting. I am not a fan at all of deer meat. It is too much "hit & miss" if you will get one too game "y". And I don't like the taste enough when it is 'good' meat. 

bhow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM

yes, yes, and yes.

Deer, turkey, coyote, rabbits, coon, grouse, pheasant, chukar, quail, a little bear.  He has gone moose hunting a few times in Canada.  We fish a lot and trap too.

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by Terri on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My husband used to. He hasn' in awhile though.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hell no, sometimes, and no.

My hubby goes if he has time..which isn't often.  My kids seem interested in it, and they might go when they're a little older.  I would never ever hunt.  Besides the fact that I could never kill an animal, I have no desire to get up before the crack of dawn, just to go sit in the woods and be cold.  

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM

DH is the same way, no hunting, just target shooting.  I tried deer for the first time a few months ago.  I didn't want to, but I got annoyed hearing just try it...over and over again, so I said I'd try a little bit.  It was deer jerkey and it was nasty!

Quoting MichelleMc:

My son got his hunting license when he was old enough. Then hubby & son went out. But to them it is boring. They would rather go target shooting. They go shooting all the time & on a normal basis. But hunting is boring. LOL. I would for sure be bored & have no desire to hunt. Too much sitting & waiting. I am not a fan at all of deer meat. It is too much "hit & miss" if you will get one too game "y". And I don't like the taste enough when it is 'good' meat. 

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM

My goodness, you have it all covered!  lol

Quoting bhow:

yes, yes, and yes.

Deer, turkey, coyote, rabbits, coon, grouse, pheasant, chukar, quail, a little bear.  He has gone moose hunting a few times in Canada.  We fish a lot and trap too.

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Not here either.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

No

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My DH's joke is he hunts skeet.  LOL

Quoting cafay:

My husband used to. He hasn' in awhile though.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

No to all of the above.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)