Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(3/20) Do you

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
  • 41 Replies

like any "odd" foods?

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Ok Terri, I am laughing so hard. As you know, we talk about this. BUT, in this area, we do eat Ketchup on our sandwiches. People do think that is ODD. Maybe depending on where they are from in the US.

Like ham & cheese & you put ketchup on that. I never thought that was odd til I moved to Connecticut & people thought that was bizarre beyond bizzarre. LOL. They said well if it wasn't, Subway would have ketchup, think about it. Oh ok? LOL. 

We of course in the area is known for "chip chopped ham". Basically shaved ham from the deli. Most famous is Isaly's ( brand name ). I used to love it growing up. Now I can't stomach it. I have to have sliced lunch meat. 

Might be an area thing but "baked" beans, we add brown sugar. Some people I met thought that was different, and we don't bake them LOL. I guess depending on area. 

I will have to think some more on this, LOL.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm...let me think about this...

vallhk
by vals6pack on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Lima bean soup?  I know not many people like that.  Also ketchup and mayonaise on a burger, apparently thats unheard of lol

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I really like a bowl of pineapples and bacon bits.  Not healthy but I love it.  I don't buy bacon bits anymore but when I'm at a buffet I sometimes will get it.

Its similar to ham and pineapples when you think about it!  Everyone always says its strange but I don't think it is.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Oh and I love a tuna sandwich with just some honey mustard and tuna.  My mom said thats weird but I think its delicious!

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  My husband puts ketchup on his sandwiches, I had never seen that before him, I thought it was a PA thing!  Now, my youngest DD likes ketchup on her sandwiches too.  We do put brown sugar in our "baked" beans also...I think that may be a Boston thing??  lol

Quoting MichelleMc:

Ok Terri, I am laughing so hard. As you know, we talk about this. BUT, in this area, we do eat Ketchup on our sandwiches. People do think that is ODD. Maybe depending on where they are from in the US.

Like ham & cheese & you put ketchup on that. I never thought that was odd til I moved to Connecticut & people thought that was bizarre beyond bizzarre. LOL. They said well if it wasn't, Subway would have ketchup, think about it. Oh ok? LOL. 

We of course in the area is known for "chip chopped ham". Basically shaved ham from the deli. Most famous is Isaly's ( brand name ). I used to love it growing up. Now I can't stomach it. I have to have sliced lunch meat. 

Might be an area thing but "baked" beans, we add brown sugar. Some people I met thought that was different, and we don't bake them LOL. I guess depending on area. 

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I don't like lima beans, but dh does.  I have never heard of lima bean soup.  Yeah, not a fan of mayo either ans on a burger...eewww!  (LOL).  Just giving ya a hard time!  ;-)

Quoting vallhk:

Lima bean soup?  I know not many people like that.  Also ketchup and mayonaise on a burger, apparently thats unheard of lol

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I had never thought to do that but you are right, ham and pineapple is acceptable why not that? 

Quoting Vertical15:

I really like a bowl of pineapples and bacon bits.  Not healthy but I love it.  I don't buy bacon bits anymore but when I'm at a buffet I sometimes will get it.

Its similar to ham and pineapples when you think about it!  Everyone always says its strange but I don't think it is.

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I make my tuna with yellow mustard instead of mayo because I don't like mayo.  Never tried it with honey mustard, I bet that would be good.

Quoting Vertical15:

Oh and I love a tuna sandwich with just some honey mustard and tuna.  My mom said thats weird but I think its delicious!

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Yeah it is a PA thing. I didn't know it was, til I moved to CT and they told it was a PA only thing. I assumed everyone ate ketchup on sandwiches LOL. 

Quoting TerriC:

LOL!  My husband puts ketchup on his sandwiches, I had never seen that before him, I thought it was a PA thing!  Now, my youngest DD likes ketchup on her sandwiches too.  We do put brown sugar in our "baked" beans also...I think that may be a Boston thing??  lol

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Zumba & Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier, Civil Air Patrol Cadet, Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN