Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(3/21) Do you

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 23 Replies

follow local Politics?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM

A little bit. Local politics are pretty much a joke though. We even have one guys that is considered "both" LOL. We have one that says he is one party but sides totally with another. He stays the one for the people that think that only one party can help them, but don't actually do anything to learn about that party, and really, everything he does they agree with. So if they actually would learn, they would realize that they would be more the other party if their parents didn't teach them or society didn't teach them one way was only for one type of people ( which is the biggest joke in the world. Sigh. Wish people would actually learn about people & politics, not think a letter means something ). I will be happy when the letters have to go away & people have to actually vote a person. How great will that be???

Michelle, Zumba & Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier, Civil Air Patrol Cadet, Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM

True story!!!  I have been following it more now that my sister in law is running for an office.  It is pretty interesting in a small town to see and here the views and some stupid thoughts as well!  LOL.  I went to a political dinner last week (my first one ever) because DH's boss has a friend that is running for judge.  It was really a lot of fun.  I got to met some politicians, and they were pretty decent people.  I got to meet Corey O'Connor, what a nice guy.

Quoting MichelleMc:

A little bit. Local politics are pretty much a joke though. We even have one guys that is considered "both" LOL. We have one that says he is one party but sides totally with another. He stays the one for the people that think that only one party can help them, but don't actually do anything to learn about that party, and really, everything he does they agree with. So if they actually would learn, they would realize that they would be more the other party if their parents didn't teach them or society didn't teach them one way was only for one type of people ( which is the biggest joke in the world. Sigh. Wish people would actually learn about people & politics, not think a letter means something ). I will be happy when the letters have to go away & people have to actually vote a person. How great will that be???

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Not so much.  

cafay
by Terri on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. Not really.

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I never did, but do a bit now.

Quoting courtneyann29:

Not so much.  

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I really should get more involved.  I don't even pay much attention to national politics until it gets closer to a presidential election.  It seems like so many of my fb friends are so far left or right that I can't even stand to think about politics.  They post about it constantly and I've blocked a bunch of people because of it.  

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Not so much.  

:)
Courtney

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

No, not really.

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Not as closely as I should.  But I do try to pay attention to what is going on in City Hall.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope!

TerriC
by Terri on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM

DH's family is very politically tied, so I am trying to start understanding it more.

Quoting courtneyann29:

I really should get more involved.  I don't even pay much attention to national politics until it gets closer to a presidential election.  It seems like so many of my fb friends are so far left or right that I can't even stand to think about politics.  They post about it constantly and I've blocked a bunch of people because of it.  

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Not so much.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN