Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Knoebels

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 31 Replies

Have you ever been?  Do they have a lot of good rides?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vallhk
by vals6pack on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

yes I love Knoebels.  We dont' go often but when we do its well worth the money you spend

SahmTam
by Tammy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

We go every year. They do have lots of great rides. My favorite thing is that it's not usually super crowded and you don't have to pay to get in. You can just buy an all day band or buy tickets as you go. This is great for me since I can't ride most of the rides due to vertigo and all I do is schlep everyone else's stuff around and I sure don't want to have to pay $40+ to do that all day. LOL

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Never been. Looks neat. 

Peachy34500
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I used to go alot when I was a teenager with my friends family! I want to go now with my kids!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I've never been, but I like the pay as you go feature.  I get motion sickness, so I can't go on any thrill rides.

Quoting SahmTam:

We go every year. They do have lots of great rides. My favorite thing is that it's not usually super crowded and you don't have to pay to get in. You can just buy an all day band or buy tickets as you go. This is great for me since I can't ride most of the rides due to vertigo and all I do is schlep everyone else's stuff around and I sure don't want to have to pay $40+ to do that all day. LOL

hapababies
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this
If you have little ones, it is awesome. I took my son who was 2 last year. They had so many rides that were appropriate for him to ride by himself. I was really nervous about him being on rides by himself, but he loved it! He still talks about it.
There are so many things I love about knobels
1) free parking.
2) clean bathrooms
3) clean park
4) reasonable price souvenirs and food
5) decent tasting food
6) wagon rental is reasonable
7) really, really nice employees
8) no admission charge, which was awesome because I barely got to ride anything since I had a 1 year old to take care of
9) it's not overly commercialized. There aren't huge sponsorships. No big companies, so it has a nice old time feeling to it
10) the most awesome Mothers room I have ever encountered at any theme park. It had private air conditioned rooms, a little area to play in, a bathroom, plenty of changing tables, and security is guarding it so no men can come in and kids can't leave on their own.

Also, I lost my wallet on our first ride of the day, the carasoul. An employee found it, had it bagged up and security was there before the ride had even ended. My wallet had fallen out of my back pocket while I was trying to get some pictures. I had no idea until the ride had ended. The day could have been a lot less fun without my wallet.

The only complaint I have about knobels is that not all of the park is paved. It gets tiresome to drag a wagon through gravel, especially at the end of the day.
We only went once last year and it was the first time I had been since I was a teen. It had hardly changed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Thanks for all the info!

Quoting hapababies:

If you have little ones, it is awesome. I took my son who was 2 last year. They had so many rides that were appropriate for him to ride by himself. I was really nervous about him being on rides by himself, but he loved it! He still talks about it.
1) free parking.
2) clean bathrooms
3) clean park
5) decent tasting food
8) no admission charge, which was awesome because I barely got to ride anything since I had a 1 year old to take care of
9) it's not overly commercialized. There aren't huge sponsorships. No big companies, so it has a nice old time feeling to it
10) the most awesome Mothers room I have ever encountered at any theme park. It had private air conditioned rooms, a little area to play in, a bathroom, plenty of changing tables, and security is guarding it so no men can come in and kids can't leave on their own.

Also, I lost my wallet on our first ride of the day, the ferris wheel. An employee found it, had it bagged up and security was there before the ride had even ended. My wallet had fallen out of my back pocket while I was trying to get some pictures. I had no idea until the ride had ended. The day could have been a lot less fun without my wallet.

The only complaint I have about knobels is that not all of the park is paved. It gets tiresome to drag a wagon through gravel, especially at the end of the day.
We only went once last year and it was the first time I had been since I was a teen. It had hardly changed. 

hapababies
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope you have as much fun as we did :)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Thanks for all the info!

Quoting hapababies:

1) free parking.
2) clean bathrooms
3) clean park
5) decent tasting food

Also, I lost my wallet on our first ride of the day, the ferris wheel. An employee found it, had it bagged up and security was there before the ride had even ended. My wallet had fallen out of my back pocket while I was trying to get some pictures. I had no idea until the ride had ended. The day could have been a lot less fun without my wallet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkDragonFly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM

we camp there memorial day weekend  you pay by the ride. the rides are ok...

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

tinkerbelle18
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

We go every summer. This year we plan to camp there for a weekend. The kids love it a lot more than Hershey Park Or Dutch Wonderland.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)