Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unemployment?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 13 Replies
Did anyone else get a letter wanting them to go to a 2 hour class? My boyfriend is being a baby and says they are picking on him by making him go to that... Ugh, I am so fed up with him right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I have heard of that. It is like a skill class to help you with career building, resume building, etc. Usually at the career link building. A friend had to go thru it. I think it is a good idea in a way, sorry LOL. Has he been on for a while?

cgarlic
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I had to do it in Jersey before. It's boring they basically just talk to you about what it is & if they have the job database how to use it. I had to fill out a resume form. They have job listings you can look at by area usually. Just convience him he may get something out if it lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I have heard of others having to take classes.  

huntersmama711
by Christina on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM
It's mandatory for everyone. If he doesn't go he risks losing his benefits.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Everyone that I know who has been on unemployment recently has had to go.  It really isn't that bad, and would encourage him to go.  He may actually get something out of it and like another poster said, is it really worth losing your unemployment over?

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM

My hubby was on unemployment when he was laid off several years ago.  There were all kinds of things he had to attend..classes, several meetings.. They are just doing it to help thos on employment find their skills and a job.  I think it's a great idea.

TerriC
by Terri on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I think that is typical to try to get people back into the work force. 

bhow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I went years ago and still remember some of what we learned, it was all good in the end.  Suck it up buddy boo!  Is what I say.

campingmomof4
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

My dh had to fill out a sheet of all the companies he applied to.   But never had to go to classes. 

Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.”

― Brian Jacques

campingmomof4
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quoting huntersmama711:

It's mandatory for everyone. If he doesn't go he risks losing his benefits.

My husband never had to go to any classes.  He was on unemployment for 1 1/2 years. 

Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.”

― Brian Jacques

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)