Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(4/17) Do you

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM
  • 34 Replies

prefer Home Depot, Lowes, other?

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I miss Home Depot.  :-(

I'm a Do It Yourself type.  We don't really have anything like those stores here.....I miss it.

TerriC
by Terri on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Oh bummer.  I love Home Depot.  We have both, they are right next to each other (weird), but I prefer Home Depot....my sister works at one, so I have to represent.  LOL

Quoting TableforSeven:

I'm a Do It Yourself type.  We don't really have anything like those stores here.....I miss it.

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM

We had both where I used to live....actually there were 2 Home Depots not too far from me.  I loved Home Depot.

Quoting TerriC:

Oh bummer.  I love Home Depot.  We have both, they are right next to each other (weird), but I prefer Home Depot....my sister works at one, so I have to represent.  LOL

Quoting TableforSeven:

cafay
by Terri on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I love both. However there are no Depot's near me.I only go there if we go like 45 min away. So I go to Lowe's. But it's all good.I could spend a lot of money either place!  

MichelleMc
by Representative on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM

There are things at each we like.

For the longest time Home Depot was on top, however, then we learned that Home Depot for a bit would only give vet discount for only Service Connected Disabled Vets. My husband is one, so it works for us, but that isn't cool. We don't know if they finally changed it. We vented to home office, complained, a worker there complained, etc. We don't know if they changed policy to all vets yet. Lowe's gives to ALL vets. 

Hubby Loves Ryobi so of course that is Home Depot  LOL. Now, our immediate area only has Lowe's. So we do run there more often at times, but we usually will run to Butler, the city a bit farther but not all that much father which has them next door when we are really looking for things so we can go door to door. Sometimes Home Depot doesn't really have what we want, we just go next door to Lowe's LOL. I do like Mylowes card for things like paint. You don't have to remember what paint you bought last year, etc. It is always on file, so that is cool. Home Depot needs that asap LOL. 

Michelle, Zumba & Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier, Civil Air Patrol Cadet, Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

TerriC
by Terri on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Love their garden section.  =-)

Quoting TableforSeven:

We had both where I used to live....actually there were 2 Home Depots not too far from me.  I loved Home Depot.

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting TableforSeven:

TerriC
by Terri on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Especially the garden center!  LOL

Quoting cafay:

I love both. However there are no Depot's near me.I only go there if we go like 45 min away. So I go to Lowe's. But it's all good.I could spend a lot of money either place!  

TerriC
by Terri on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I will see if my sister knows, she works for Home Depot in CA.  I go to Home Depot most of the time, in my area they have a much better selection than Lowe's.  DH could go to either.  I do go to Lowe's once in a while, I just feel bad since my sis works at Home Depot.  LOL

Quoting MichelleMc:

There are things at each we like.

For the longest time Home Depot was on top, however, then we learned that Home Depot for a bit would only give vet discount for only Service Connected Disabled Vets. My husband is one, so it works for us, but that isn't cool. We don't know if they finally changed it. We vented to home office, complained, a worker there complained, etc. We don't know if they changed policy to all vets yet. Lowe's gives to ALL vets. 

Hubby Loves Ryobi so of course that is Home Depot  LOL. Now, our immediate area only has Lowe's. So we do run there more often at times, but we usually will run to Butler, the city a bit farther but not all that much father which has them next door when we are really looking for things so we can go door to door. Sometimes Home Depot doesn't really have what we want, we just go next door to Lowe's LOL. I do like Mylowes card for things like paint. You don't have to remember what paint you bought last year, etc. It is always on file, so that is cool. Home Depot needs that asap LOL. 

tecsabates
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I don't often go to either but my So seems to prefer Lowes :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by Terri on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I didn't use to "enjoy" going, but now that DH got me into gardening, Spring can't gethere fast enough, and off I go!  LOL

Quoting tecsabates:

I don't often go to either but my So seems to prefer Lowes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)