Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Scrapple

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 29 Replies

Yay or nay?

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Nay

lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I've never tried it and don't have any desire to!

steelcrazy
by Representative on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I have never heard of it and have no idea what it even is.  I thought that the title of this post was "scrabble".  lol

lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name pon haus,[1][2] is traditionally amush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, oftenbuckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then panfried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a rural American food of the Mid-Atlantic states (Delaware,MarylandNew JerseyPennsylvaniaVirginia and West Virginia). Scrapple and pon haus are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including theMennonites and Amish.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I have never heard of it and have no idea what it even is.  I thought that the title of this post was "scrabble".  lol

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Nay :x

TerriC
by Terri on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Nay!

cafay
by Terri on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Nay for me, but my husband loves it with apple butter!

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Yay but has to be crunchy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Not sure how that would taste

Quoting cafay:

Nay for me, but my husband loves it with apple butter!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Representative on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Ewwww, that sounds nasty!  I've seen a pig butchered and I wouldn't want to touch the scraps with a 10 foot pole, let alone eat them.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name pon haus,[1][2] is traditionally amush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, oftenbuckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then panfried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a rural American food of the Mid-Atlantic states (Delaware,MarylandNew JerseyPennsylvaniaVirginia and West Virginia). Scrapple and pon haus are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including theMennonites and Amish.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)