Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

May Is...

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

Thank a Veteran everyday!

You just never know what it means to see that veteran with their veteran hat on & say thank you for your service in the store, restaurant or out anywhere. 

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

patriotic

darmomusaf
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep, it is! So proud of my son who has spent 6 years in the Air Force and will be discharged this month. Thanks to all who have served!

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Awesome! Thank him for his service! My Husband served 9 years in the Navy on Submarines & My son leaves for the Army next month. 

Quoting darmomusaf:

Yep, it is! So proud of my son who has spent 6 years in the Air Force and will be discharged this month. Thanks to all who have served!

campingmomof4
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My husband was in the Army.  Spent my life as a wife to an active duty man.  Both my sons are in the Army.  The oldest has been in for 11 yrs now and gets out next year. 

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on May. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank them all for their service :)

Quoting campingmomof4:

My husband was in the Army.  Spent my life as a wife to an active duty man.  Both my sons are in the Army.  The oldest has been in for 11 yrs now and gets out next year. 

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Thank you for the information and thank you to all that have served our country.  My dh was in the Air Force and my deceased father was in the Army. 

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on May. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Thank him for his service.

It gets really a lot when I start added extended family LOL. Grandpa, Aunts & uncles, Cousins, Brothers & Sister in Law, LOTS of friends Navy. Uncle & Aunt & now sons friends Air Force, Dad & some friends Army. 

Then hubby Navy & Son Future Army ( June ) LOL. Its quite a bit of our family. 

Quoting ninamsi:

Thank you for the information and thank you to all that have served our country.  My dh was in the Air Force and my deceased father was in the Army. 

TerriC
by Terri on May. 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I thank them all the time! So grateful for all they do or have done. :-)
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Hmmm, one would think that we'd be celebrating Military Appreciation Month in November, since that is when Veteran's Day is.

The Veterans that I know are truly embarrassed when strangers approach them in public. *shrugs*  Then again, all of my Veteran friends are combat Veterans and don't like to think about what they have had to do and see.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on May. 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Hmmm, one would think that we'd be celebrating Military Appreciation Month in November, since that is when Veteran's Day is.

The Veterans that I know are truly embarrassed when strangers approach them in public. *shrugs*  Then again, all of my Veteran friends are combat Veterans and don't like to think about what they have had to do and see.

Armed Forces Day & Memorial Day are in May.

I don't know any veteran's that are embarrassed about it when they are approached. If they are embarrassed, then why would they wear anything that would show they are veteran's? I mean really? EASY FIX! If they are active duty & embarrassed of someone showing appreciation, well that is just sad, and another easy fix, Get Out as soon as possible. 

I know a lot of Vietnam veterans, and they are surely NOT EMBARRASSED. I can't even imagine. That is just sad that ANYONE would be embarrassed of being thanked for being a veteran. Very sad. They surely have seen some things, they are very PROUD of being a veteran. 

I know a lot of combat veterans, as you like to say, also. I don't know a ONE that would be embarrased to be thanked. Goodness. 

Are you always as negative & snarky in real life? Or just on this board? It really amazes me. It isn't even just my posts, it is almost every single post you post on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN