Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's official....she's a grad!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this

DD#1 had her college graduation ceremony today (technically yesterday, as it is now after midnight).

I normally don't post pictures of my kids on here....but I am just so proud of her that I had to post this one.  A friend of her's was seated on the stage at the ceremony and grabbed this shot of DD seconds after she was handed her diploma.

So - here she is.  My wonderful, bright sweety who graduated with a B.A. in Theatre, with honors (Cum Laude).  Friday night she received the Alpha Psi Omega Award for excellence in the performing arts.

by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darmomusaf
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Congrats to her and you! My DD graduated in December, has been working as a long term sub and will officially start the job search very soon. She has committed to this position for the remainder of the school year and does not want to leave her students. Since they(the school district she works for) are eliminating this position next year, there is no possibility of her getting a permanent job there.

Good Luck to your daughter as she begins the next phase of her life.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Congrats!!

TableforSeven
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:57 AM

DD already has a full-time job lined up.  She will be starting once we go back home.

Quoting darmomusaf:

Congrats to her and you! My DD graduated in December, has been working as a long term sub and will officially start the job search very soon. She has committed to this position for the remainder of the school year and does not want to leave her students. Since they(the school district she works for) are eliminating this position next year, there is no possibility of her getting a permanent job there.

Good Luck to your daughter as she begins the next phase of her life.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM

YAY!~ congrats

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on May. 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Congrats
steelcrazy
by Representative on May. 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Congrats!

MichelleMc
by Representative on May. 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Congrats!

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Congratulations!
Vertical15
by Vanessa on May. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Thats so rewarding!  Congrats to her and all her hard work!

campingmomof4
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Congrats.  My oldest daughter graduated in December.   It is such a great feeling seeing them walk down that aisle with the diploma. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)