Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(6/17) Do you

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 37 Replies

still write checks?  (When you're at the store etc.)

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I do. I like it sometimes to keep track easier than just debit card. 

TerriC
by Terri on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I can't remember the last time I wrote a check.  (DH does when he is paying bills).  There have been a lot of people at the grocery store lately writing checks and it takes forever, write the check, deduct from checking account, etc.  I am okay with check writing, but it seems like the people writing them are not prepared at check out.

Quoting MichelleMc:

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Oh No, Mine is all written out when I get there but the amount. It takes no more time than someone doing a debit. Usually, less. I get behind people doing a debit that doesn't have their wallet out of their pocket or their purse open yet. Then they never know their pin, they take FOREVER! I hate it. Like seriously people?? Just do credit. Drives me nuts. They wait for every item to be rang, the total to come up, then like shocked, they say oh yeah. Open their purse, look for their wallet or their card, get it out, put it in the wrong way, which way they say? The cashier has to help them, then they slide it ( too fast or too slow ) have to do it again. Then they look at all the questions like they have no clue. OMGOSH people come on, LOL. 

So yeah, I guess it is just not prepared people in general, LOL. People with cash too. Like searching for that last penny for 10 minutes. I have handed people the change ;)

Quoting TerriC:

I can't remember the last time I wrote a check.  (DH does when he is paying bills).  There have been a lot of people at the grocery store lately writing checks and it takes forever, write the check, deduct from checking account, etc.  I am okay with check writing, but it seems like the people writing them are not prepared at check out.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM
For bills
TerriC
by Terri on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Very good point.  I always have my card (or cash) ready to go.  It is frustrating!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Oh No, Mine is all written out when I get there but the amount. It takes no more time than someone doing a debit. Usually, less. I get behind people doing a debit that doesn't have their wallet out of their pocket or their purse open yet. Then they never know their pin, they take FOREVER! I hate it. Like seriously people?? Just do credit. Drives me nuts. They wait for every item to be rang, the total to come up, then like shocked, they say oh yeah. Open their purse, look for their wallet or their card, get it out, put it in the wrong way, which way they say? The cashier has to help them, then they slide it ( too fast or too slow ) have to do it again. Then they look at all the questions like they have no clue. OMGOSH people come on, LOL. 

So yeah, I guess it is just not prepared people in general, LOL. People with cash too. Like searching for that last penny for 10 minutes. I have handed people the change ;)

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting MichelleMc:

TerriC
by Terri on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Same

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

For bills

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Not often.  I usually only write them for birthday gifts that have to be mailed.

tecsabates
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Don't have a debit card. Was to easy to lose track of things with it. Most places around here do checks electronically, like with a card. I don't have to fill them out- the machine does it all. Then I get back the voided check with the reciept.
TerriC
by Terri on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM

My kids do still get checks in their cards from out of state family.  =-)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Not often.  I usually only write them for birthday gifts that have to be mailed.

TerriC
by Terri on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I was surprised that our grocery store didn't have the electronic check option.  That is probably what holds things up.  Hopefully they will get one soon.

Quoting tecsabates:

Yep. Don't have a debit card. Was to easy to lose track of things with it. Most places around here do checks electronically, like with a card. I don't have to fill them out- the machine does it all. Then I get back the voided check with the reciept.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)