Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

FIREWORKS! (post those coming in your area if you can!)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 26 Replies

http://www.centralpennparent.com/Heres-The-Scoop/June-2013/Fireworks-displays-in-Central-Pennsylvania/

The first time I ever saw Fourth of July fireworks on a date other than the fourth, I threw a fit.

It’s the FOURTH of July, not third nor second nor fifth. It blew my 12-year-old mind. What was this anarchy?

Fortunately since then I’ve slowly relented to the fact that some places do in fact launch fireworks on different days. I will be seeing my display on the fourth, but regardless here is a listing of local fireworks displays to celebrate our Independence Day:

Cumberland County

Dauphin County

Lancaster County

Lebanon County

York County

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL. Growing up in the Fireworks Capital, We never had fireworks on the 4th. We had them ALL THE TIME any other time. So, it wouldn't even bother me. I mean, other places have them on the 4th. But, the city doesn't. It is so normal to wait til the next week to have the big fireworks display. We have Fireworks at our Christmas parade for goodness sake LOL. 

I will see if I can get dates & times in our area.  

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Where I live we can just make out the fireworks they ahve after the baseballs games occasionally.  I don't know how they decide when they should have them but they seem random!  I love fireworks :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

LOL. Growing up in the Fireworks Capital, We never had fireworks on the 4th. We had them ALL THE TIME any other time. So, it wouldn't even bother me. I mean, other places have them on the 4th. But, the city doesn't. It is so normal to wait til the next week to have the big fireworks display. We have Fireworks at our Christmas parade for goodness sake LOL. 

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Lawrence County:

Ellwood City Festival - June 29th 10:15 pm

Westminister College - July 3rd 9:15 pm

Pearson Park - July 4th 10:00 pm 

Fireworks Festival Downtown New Castle - July 13th 10 pm

Slovenfest at SNPJ - July 13th no time listed but I am sure about 10:00 pm

Enon Valley Community Day - July 20th 10 pm

Balloon Quest - July 26th 10 pm

Butler County

Big Butler Fair - July 4th Dusk

Butler Blue Sox Baseball, Bands & boom - Baseball, Todd Jones & Fireworks ( 9:30 pm )

Cranberry Community Days July 13th 9:30pm

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I hate that they are doing everything on the actualy date this year. 

The one in Middletown is tech Londonderry. 

We may do that one, since my husband will have to work the night of the fourth. 

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

And if you are local in Dauphin county.

We know that Harrisburg's suck lol.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

We have them all the time. But we have two very large fireworks companies here that started here. Most of the big displays you see, are one of the two from here. I still love fireworks. I posted Lawrence county, you can see, we have alot & for a lot of things, LOL. And that is just the big stuff.

August, I can't wait for that. Fireworks convention. That will be awesome to see & it is the week of my birthday :) 

Quoting Vertical15:

Where I live we can just make out the fireworks they ahve after the baseballs games occasionally.  I don't know how they decide when they should have them but they seem random!  I love fireworks :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I don't have next weeks schedule yet but chances are I'll be working the 4th.  I don't mind though.  I get to watch the Hersheypark ones when I get off at 10 then.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Yeah. 

He has off the 3rd, and then goes in on the night of the 4th, which doesn't make any sense, because if you don't work 3rd shift, you have the fourth off. 

Quoting Vertical15:

I don't have next weeks schedule yet but chances are I'll be working the 4th.  I don't mind though.  I get to watch the Hersheypark ones when I get off at 10 then.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Peachy34500
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
We are going to go up new hope for the fireworks this year, they have a good show
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

We hated 3rd shift for that reason. Hubby always had to go in like on Easter, which meant, he had to sleep to go in, so, ya that killed Easter. An things like that. Have to go in on night before because they are 3rd so they still have to go IN on the holiday. 

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Yeah. 

He has off the 3rd, and then goes in on the night of the 4th, which doesn't make any sense, because if you don't work 3rd shift, you have the fourth off. 

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN