Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

County Fairs

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 21 Replies

When in yours?

Do you go?

What do you like?

Do you go to the grandstand events?

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We love going to county fairs. 

Our county fair is really small & kind of joke, but we still go. It is Mid August. 

We always go to the fairs around us though. Butler County fair is going on right now. It is a week and a half long. We were there last night & plan to go tomorrow for the Demo Derby. 

Then we go over to Ohio for their big fair. It is really really large. Canfield Fair. It is Labor Day weekend. 

TerriC
by Terri on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM

It is at the end of July I believe.  We did not go last year, we went to a smaller one up in the mountains instead.  I liked the county fair in CA, they always had SO much to do.  The local one here just isn't something I like very much.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yeah our county one is tiny. We mainly like the stuff in the grandstands & then going thru the buildings. We go to the ones around us more so. We like Demo Derbys, Tractor Pulls, etc

The Canfield fair has an old time city set up, they have a civil war re enactment, they have military vehicles, they have flight simulators sometimes & things, and all kinds of set up the recruiters bring, people that bring stuff go all out. The buildings are packed of stuff, LOL.  Steam engines are all set up, old vehicles, etc. It is my favorite. 

The one this weekend, we go more for the grandstand events. They are included with admission. 

Quoting TerriC:

It is at the end of July I believe.  We did not go last year, we went to a smaller one up in the mountains instead.  I liked the county fair in CA, they always had SO much to do.  The local one here just isn't something I like very much.

TerriC
by Terri on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds fun, sounds more like what we had in CA and AZ for that matter.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah our county one is tiny. We mainly like the stuff in the grandstands & then going thru the buildings. We go to the ones around us more so. We like Demo Derbys, Tractor Pulls, etc

The Canfield fair has an old time city set up, they have a civil war re enactment, they have military vehicles, they have flight simulators sometimes & things, and all kinds of set up the recruiters bring, people that bring stuff go all out. The buildings are packed of stuff, LOL.  Steam engines are all set up, old vehicles, etc. It is my favorite. 

The one this weekend, we go more for the grandstand events. They are included with admission. 

Quoting TerriC:

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM

When we moved to Connecticut they had more like Township or area fairs. They were so small I thought our county one then became BIG LOL. 

Quoting TerriC:

That sounds fun, sounds more like what we had in CA and AZ for that matter.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting TerriC:

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I don't think there are any that local to the Harrisburg area.

We have town fairs.  Haven't gone to any this year because our schedule hasn't allowed it.

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM

We like to go to our local grange fair in August.  We check out the animals, my dd goes on rides and we usually watch the magic show and the "hot dog" races.

SlightlyPerfect
Including your children...
Today at 6:54 AM
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM

The town we're in has their fair/festival/carnival the week of July 16. It's not our county fair, but we can't wait. We're even scheduled to help out.

slightlyperfect

Dona127
by Dona on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Your county fairs sound really nice!  How far do you live from the state of Ohio?

Quoting MichelleMc:

We love going to county fairs. 

Our county fair is really small & kind of joke, but we still go. It is Mid August. 

We always go to the fairs around us though. Butler County fair is going on right now. It is a week and a half long. We were there last night & plan to go tomorrow for the Demo Derby. 

Then we go over to Ohio for their big fair. It is really really large. Canfield Fair. It is Labor Day weekend. 

Dona127
by Dona on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM

In the Lehigh Valey we have the big Allentown Fair.  Which goes a week long over Labor Day weekend.  They have a big grandstand with country singers coming in.  Lots of animals to look at.  Rides, fair food & games to play.  They also have a big building which has crafters in it & all kinds of vegetables, cakes, flowers that were judged.  There are dancing halls throughout the fair & a beer garden.

I have been going to the Allentown Fair since I was young.  I love it!  The first day they open admittion is free,

Another great fair I love is the Gilberville Fair in the poconos.  It's on route 209.  They also have a grandstand with country singers that come in.  Horses, animals, rides, fair food.  They also have an building with crafters & other nice things to look at.  It's more of a country fair,

I also love going to the Bloomsburg Fair in the fall.  They also have a grandstand with country singers coming in.  If you like horses you can sit for hours watching the horses do all kinds of demo's with their riders.  Lots of fair food, rides & building full of great things to see.  Like handmade quilts, flowers & plants.  Home made honeys& jellies.  Nuts, candlies, ice cream.  This fair has everything.  It was always nice to go to in the fall.  The ride going up was beautiful with all the colored leaves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)