Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Rain Rain go away! Come back another day........

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm really getting tired of all this rain we've been having.  It's a bit too much where is all the sunshine?   This is summer time we're supposed to be having a great time.  Swimming, camping, going on vacation, walking in the woods and watching the fireworks!  

Where is the Sunshine???umbrellaDona127

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Nope.  It was clear for most of the day, but some showers just came through.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Did anyone else have a rain-free day today?

PeacefulNBless
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Yes, we're definitely getting our share of rain and hopefully we get some good steady sunshine soon! :-)
Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM

That's really terrible when you buy a pool & you can't even swim in it!  Everyday looks like it's September outside not July????

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I just want it to go away so I can go sit in my pool that I bought and had to fight Walmart about

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

We're still getting the rain too in the Lehigh Valley area.   It looks really crappy out!  Where is all this rain coming from?  We had enough already!!!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting steelcrazy:

tecsabates
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Which fair? Big Butler Fair is going on right now near me, but I haven't been yet this year. It usually takes alot to slow down the Butler Fair, tho..

Quoting MichelleMc:

I don't know & it is a lot for June/July. And it is hard & heavy causing so much damage to plants/gardens/driveway & yards. It has rained everyday since Tuesday ( including Tuesday ). It says it is to rain everyday til Saturday too. Right now it is overcast & the wind is enough to get the trees going. So we will see. It was so bad that most people didn't even set up at the fair this year. It is the lowest amount of people there. They said a lot of people said what is the point, so never came to set up. It is half a ghost town. People are coming & all, but the vendors, people setting up things, etc. Just aren't there. 

tecsabates
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I just want one clear day so I can weed and clean up my garden. Also still have seedlings I need to get in the ground.
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM

At least there's no rain in the forecast on the 4th, but they are calling for a chance of rain every other day through Sunday!  

Quoting Dona127:

We're still getting the rain too in the Lehigh Valley area.   It looks really crappy out!  Where is all this rain coming from?  We had enough already!!!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting steelcrazy:

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Yeah there are only half the vendors. I mean food vendors sure. But, half the rows are empty with the other vendors, the outdoor ones. Even the military, only Air force, which wasn't even there a couple of the days & national guard. The marines, army & navy didn't even show up. They usually are there. Quaker Steak & Lube didn't even have a food vendor there this year. 

We have been there 4 days & will be there Friday.

Quoting tecsabates:

Which fair? Big Butler Fair is going on right now near me, but I haven't been yet this year. It usually takes alot to slow down the Butler Fair, tho..

Quoting MichelleMc:

I don't know & it is a lot for June/July. And it is hard & heavy causing so much damage to plants/gardens/driveway & yards. It has rained everyday since Tuesday ( including Tuesday ). It says it is to rain everyday til Saturday too. Right now it is overcast & the wind is enough to get the trees going. So we will see. It was so bad that most people didn't even set up at the fair this year. It is the lowest amount of people there. They said a lot of people said what is the point, so never came to set up. It is half a ghost town. People are coming & all, but the vendors, people setting up things, etc. Just aren't there. 

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM

First time in a week. It was to thunderstorm but luckily it passed. Hopefully I can get some grass cutting done & not get the tractor too stuck. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I am headed your way in a few hours, so maybe I'll bring my luck with rain with me.  I actually have to water my plants before I leave, I know that seems odd to some of you, but I have't had rain here since late Sunday night/early Monday morning.

Quoting MichelleMc:

First time in a week. It was to thunderstorm but luckily it passed. Hopefully I can get some grass cutting done & not get the tractor too stuck. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN