Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Rain Rain go away! Come back another day........

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm really getting tired of all this rain we've been having.  It's a bit too much where is all the sunshine?   This is summer time we're supposed to be having a great time.  Swimming, camping, going on vacation, walking in the woods and watching the fireworks!  

Where is the Sunshine???umbrellaDona127

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
bhow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Yes, this has been a bit much.  Our local paper had an article yesterday that stated we have had average rain fall.  What???  I think they are smokin' something!  I have A LOT of fields that need tending to and  it's just not getting done proper.  11 hours on a tractor for 2 days and a couple here and there just don't get things done right.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Yes please do. One part of the yard I still can't cut. It is a swamp. I hope it holds out today too so maybe I can cut it tomorrow. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

I am headed your way in a few hours, so maybe I'll bring my luck with rain with me.  I actually have to water my plants before I leave, I know that seems odd to some of you, but I have't had rain here since late Sunday night/early Monday morning.

Quoting MichelleMc:

First time in a week. It was to thunderstorm but luckily it passed. Hopefully I can get some grass cutting done & not get the tractor too stuck. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Did anyone else have a rain-free day today?

Michelle, Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Showers and storms moving north. Rain chances will increase overnight tonight and through the day tomorrow. Heavy rain may cause flooding-especially in areas where rain totals have been high the past few days. I'm working on the latest forecast now-including a detailed look at the 4th of July. I'll have an update on WPXI TV at 5p

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Our day was pretty sunny today.  It felt good for the sun to be on my back while I was sweeping our walkway.  Clouds seem to come & go.  It's great to see the beautiful blue sky again. 

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM

It always gets sunny right before the sun goes down. And then it's too late.

Quoting Dona127:

That's really terrible when you buy a pool & you can't even swim in it!  Everyday looks like it's September outside not July????

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I just want it to go away so I can go sit in my pool that I bought and had to fight Walmart about

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

It was a beautiful sunny day today.  My husband watered our flower gardens tonight & a half hour later it thundered & rained.   We just can't get away from this can we?

In Kutztown there having A Pennsylvania Dutch Festival all week.  My husband told me the cars where lined up on the highway to get there.  I guess there still going through with the Festival rain or shine!surprise miniDona127

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM

All day today it's beautiful, sunny & HOT!!  I can't believe the clear blue sky & white clouds.  The day is soooo clean & fresh!   I saw a male yellow finch on one of our daisy like flowers. He was so awesome looking!  My husband has finally cut the grass this evening NO RAIN!   I'm hoping for a wonderful evening tonight!july 4th Dona127

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Yesterday was one of the big fireworks displays...It rained.

Tonight...it just started to rain at 9, display at 10...ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM

We finally had our first rain free day in a long time!  Woohoo!

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM

It's HOT out already!   Suppose to get up to 84 degress today.  Showers later this afternoon.  The weekend the temp. supposed to get in the 90's??  Boy!  Are we going to get a BAD STORM ON THE WAY!!!umbrella

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN