Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Rain Rain go away! Come back another day........

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm really getting tired of all this rain we've been having.  It's a bit too much where is all the sunshine?   This is summer time we're supposed to be having a great time.  Swimming, camping, going on vacation, walking in the woods and watching the fireworks!  

Where is the Sunshine???umbrellaDona127

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Here you go, LOL. Perfect so far this summer. 

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM

That is so cute Michelle!   Isn't that the truth we just had rain this morning again.  Now the sun it out!  Like my husband said it's better to get this rain than it being dry.  At least the corn fields look healthy this year!

Quoting MichelleMc:

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

There is a lot of flooding here so it is getting so bad. Stormed all night & into the morning. But by afternoon, sun. But it won't dry up enough to cut the grass. Hopefully tomorrow it won't rain or tonight. 

Quoting Dona127:

That is so cute Michelle!   Isn't that the truth we just had rain this morning again.  Now the sun it out!  Like my husband said it's better to get this rain than it being dry.  At least the corn fields look healthy this year!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict 
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Join us in the  Pennsylvania Moms group.

cjsbmom
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

It's flooding here today in Pittsburgh. This is insanity. I can't recall a summer recently when we've had this much rain and severe weather. 

cjsbmom
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Are you near Pittsburgh or Bridgeville?

Quoting MichelleMc:

There is a lot of flooding here so it is getting so bad. Stormed all night & into the morning. But by afternoon, sun. But it won't dry up enough to cut the grass. Hopefully tomorrow it won't rain or tonight. 

Quoting Dona127:

Quoting MichelleMc:

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM

No a lot more north & we just had a tornado touch down. It was quite scary. It went over us as it was heading towards Moraine State Park & Butler County. OMGOSH, it was horrible. We have half a tree down on our mini barn. Poles ( yes electric poles ) are down, trees down, roads are TOTALLY flooded. Impassable. They are closing left & right, everywhere. People calling for help stuck in cars. It hit soo fast. Plus what rain we have had for so long, it is a nightmare. Our driveway is destroyed. Our front yard area, both sides are LAKES. It is horrible. It was quite scary for a while. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting Dona127:

Quoting MichelleMc:

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video/9078012-tornado-touches-down-in-lawrence-county/#.Ud3T65woBn0.facebook

Here is a video of part of the tornado. 

Here is a picture of it. 

Our mini barn through the down pours with the tree on it. 

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Severe Thunderstorm warning is back in place. They are saying more 60 mph winds.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I heard that Bridgeville is being issued a State of Emergency. Wowsa.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting Dona127:

Quoting MichelleMc:

steelcrazy
by Representative on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I went to Canton OH this morning, we had one heck of a time actually getting out of town due to flooding.  A few of the towns near me were disaster areas, and are under states of emergency.  I'll post some pics in a bit.

Anyway in Canton, we had a pretty nice drive, a little rain but the sky cleared and the sun came out almost as soon as we hit Ohio near East Liverpool.  We had a great time at the football HOF and were just about done viewing the exhibits on the 2nd floor when an employee rudely told us that we had to leave the area immediately and go to the exhibit immediately below where we were, this was right around 4:00.  Everyone at the HOF, including employees, were stuck in this lower level room for 90 minutes waiting out a tornado warning.  There were rumors of funnel clouds in the area and I've seen images of a few immediately to the East of where we were in PA.  We didn't see any major damage though, only downed trees, and rock/mud slides.  Our drive home along Route 30 was rainy but uneventful.

We got home to a few inches of water in our basement, nothing like opening the door to your house and water rushing out at you.  Our pool was within an inch of going over the top, so we currently have hoses in there draining off water yet again.  This is the fourth time this summer that we have had to drain the pool.  We've only had to drain it once before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)