Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you eat outside?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 10 Replies

My kids love to eat outside as much as we can during the spring, summer and fall.

Do you eat outside? How often?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM

The only time we eat outside at home is during Sukkot....which is a holiday in the fall where we build a special hut outside and eat there.

We do eat outside occasionally at restaurants (outdoor seating is VERY popular here).

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM

We eat outside every chance we get. DD likes to go back and forth between her pool and the patio table. And we're always grilling.

slightlyperfect

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM

We don't eat out very often!  Unless it's at a restaurant were they have outdoor seating.  I like eating outside if we had a larger deck.  I always wanted a outdoor table with an umbrella & chairs to eat out more.  We have a beautiful back yard.  It's very peacful & quite.  All the other houses in our development are closer to the road.  We can't see the back of their house cause we're built further back off the road. 

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Not too often. We have a nice deck, 2 picnice tables, benches, and umbrellas-- but it's on the south side of our house and soooooo hot. If it's 80F it feels like 120F back there. lol Plus, I hate having to shoo away flies and bees. And I like a/c. ;-)

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

We have an enclosed porch that we eat in often, but our property is all grass.  We want to put in a patio off of the porch.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I don't. 

I honestly hate eating outside. 

I'd rather not be shooing flies and bugs away.

courtneyann29
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Not very often.  I like to have breakfast and lunch with the kiddos outside, if I can.  It's been so rainy or humid lately, that I don't even want to be outside. :(  It's almost too much to eat dinner outside.  Why walk from the kitchen PAST the dining room table just to take everything outside? lol  I guess we could fix our plates in the kitchen then take them outside..

We usually eat outside when we have company or big bbq's.  It's just easier that way. :)

PeacefulNBless
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Not often.
cafay
by Terri on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Not very often. My son would love to do it more.But if we do do it, it's probably spring or fall. My husband is an auto mechanic and his garage is not air conditioned and by the time he comes home from working in this heat and humidity all he wants to do is sit in the air conditioning. I don't like it much myself! In the fall we do and we probably are out there when others think we are nuts and it's too cold! But then the bugs aren't eating us alive and we are comfortable.Maybe if we ever get an enclosed porch......

bhow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Not enough.  We used to a lot, things just aren't the same now the kids are older.  Maybe again when they go to college.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)