Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

This Summer stinks!!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM
  • 26 Replies

What do you think of our Summer so far?  I think it's been terrible with rain & cloudy days.  Where is the beautiful summer days I remember?  This weather is making it hard for fairs, or any outdoor activiteis, swimming?

I can't even get a tan this summer or get my summer feet!

What do you think of this Summer?simple frownDona127

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darmomusaf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, it's been a crappy summer so far, either raining or too hot to do anything. I hear we will be back in the 90's this coming week. It's really been hard to plan anything!

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I remember past summers when the mornings were so beautiful.  I couldn't wait to get out in the sun.  Summer is my favorite time of year!  We went bird watching, down to the shore, swimming, going to fairs & having a great time.

I love being in shorts & wearing my summer tops.  Taking a walk in the beautiful evening down to the creek.  This summer is differnet it's very depressing!  Too much rain our grass needs to be cut again.  It's been raining to much you can't even cut the grass!  Some of my summer flowers need to be redone.  This is the worst summer for my flowers.  I don't know what August will be like I sure hope it gets better!

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Its horrible!!!!!!!!!!

I cant stand it.

We spent money on a pool can barely use it.

I wont be able to get to the beach.
TableforSeven
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Move here....it NEVER rains in the summer here.  From May/June to Nov/Dec there is ZERO rain.

bxmom2580
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I agree with this

Quoting darmomusaf:

Yeah, it's been a crappy summer so far, either raining or too hot to do anything. I hear we will be back in the 90's this coming week. It's really been hard to plan anything!

SlightlyPerfect
Don't let people fool you. Everything they do is by design.
Yesterday at 8:17 AM
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

On Thursday I was at the Hometown Diner with DD, and I thought of you if that makes you feel any better. :)

slightlyperfect

TerriC
by Terri on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM

This summer....has been a bummer.  We paid for membership to the pool and have only been able to use it 3 times since they got out of school at the beginning of June.  The gray days make me feel blah.  Today, the sun is shining and I feel my mood improving already.  Let's hope the sun stays!  Crossing fingers!

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM

It is really depressing. You get out of the never ending winter to have rain that seems to never stop. 

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM

This past week was awful in my world, but prior to that we were able to swim pretty much daily.  Sure there was a shower or two here and there but rarely an all day rain.  IDK, maybe I'm weird, but I don't let the rain showers here and there stop us from doing our outside things.  We haven't had to cancel plans once for weather.  We even camped over a very long 4th of July weekend without the rain affecting anything.  We only had a few showers here and there then too.

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I think we all would love to be where you are!  You left Allentown to have the good Life.  It must be really dry if you don't get that much rain?

Quoting TableforSeven:

Move here....it NEVER rains in the summer here.  From May/June to Nov/Dec there is ZERO rain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN