Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paint colors

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 16 Replies

What are the colors of your walls in your house?
Do you like them or would you like to change them?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

White in all but the living room.  We painted everything white when we moved in with the plan to do one room at a time.  The living room is the only one we've done so far.  Its a light grey with white trim and red accents.  I LOVE it.  Of course, I picked everything out wink

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Everything is an eggshell color except for my DD's bedroom (pale green) and her playroom (lavender).  We planned to paint the other rooms after we moved in, but never got around to it.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I have 3 colors downstairs- green in the kitchen, blue in the entryway/music room- up the stairs (and eventually the hallway at the top of the stairs)- and powder room, and yellow in the dining room and living room. I just did the whole downstairs last November. Thankfully I am very happy with it, 'cause I'm not doing that again for a very long time! lol

My room and bath have never been painted. I plan to start that soon, but will have to do it one wall at a time as there is so much large furniture, electronics wiring, etc. that can't all be moved at once. Also, some of the larger furniture/bookcases are still bolted to the wall from the days of having small kids that climbed- so my DH will need to unhinge those as I work on each wall. I keep putting it off. I can clean a wall, move furniture, tape and paint in just a few hours downstairs and that's how I prefer to work. Do it and it's done. My room - doing 1 wall at a time- is going to drive me nuts!

My oldest's room is yellow and used to have a Thomas the Tank Engine border at the top, but that has been bare for awhile now. It is about to be dark blue in the next few weeks! 

My daughter's room is a very light purple on top and yellow on the bottom with a Tinkerbell border a little lower than half way up. My youngest son's room is white at the top and yellow on the bottom with a border that has construction vehicles. Their rooms are good for now.

steelcrazy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

My bedroom is navy blue, my oldest son's bedroom is red, my youngest son's bedroom is a very bright green, my sunroom is another shade of green, my kitchen is red, my diningroom has one red wall (common wall with kitchen) and the other walls are tan, my livingroom is a darker tan called walnut wash.  I like color.  lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Our bedroom is a sage green, our dd's is an aqua blue, our sons walls are colonial blue, stairwell, kitchen and dining room are off white, living room is light beige, and the bathroom is gray.

I like all but the kitchen and dining room. I am planning to have them painted at some point I just can't decide on what color to paint them yet.

kaybear123
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Living room- orange

dinnng room-creamish

kitchen-yellow

My room-black

Boys rooms- blue 

spare room 1-neon green 

spare room 2- blue green 

I guess the colors are ok lol

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM

We have a contempary house with three skylights in the garden room.  All the walls in our whole house are white.  We have a lot of wood areas around the long oblong windows.  We decorate a lot with original prints from artists.  We also use tress & plants in our house too. 

Our living room is upstairs with a large print on the wall.  We also have our large framed wedding picture on the one wall.  Most of our prints are various birds from different artists.  We will have to re paint all the walls again since we lived in our house for 20 some years already!

sissyboogs
by Katie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM

My dining room and kitchen are kind of an off white. The living room has fake wood type walls and hunter green paneling (I guess that's what you'd call it)...My bathroom is white. My son's room has two bright green walls and two purple walls. My daughter's room has two orange walls and two off white walls. Our bedroom is white. 

Eventually, I'd like to paint, but we're renting, so we need permission first. 

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
My bedroom is pink it the only room I have a say in kinda since it a friends I am staying with they moght let me repaint if I do baby with like dark brown trim
brenatens
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Our room is a light blue. We love it with the white furniture! Dd's room has a yellow bright sunny room. Office is "purple mist" which is a purple grey. Bathroom is white with a tan chair rail and tiles. Kitchen is off white and sand colored with the cabnets and accents in a light mocha. Living room and dinning room ate white. We haven't got to them yet haha.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)