Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Job for a 15yr old....

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi ladies I was wondering if you knew any places that hire at 15? My cousin has been looking for a job but pretty much everywhere has said they don't hire until 16.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Fast food places? I worked for McDonald's when I was 14 and 15, before I could get a job elsewhere. 

TableforSeven
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

My daughter got a job at a movie theater at 15. Many of her friends at that age worked in grocery stores or fast food places.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I worked in a gym child care at 15.  I had to have another adult with me but they always had two caregivers present.

At 14 I worked at a mexican restuarant, under the table. . .

I'd ask friends and family if they know of anyone who could help?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

It's like that here too. I got my first job in a pizza shop when I was 14. When my dd was looking for her first part time job it took a long time for her to find one, she was 16 when she got hired as a busser in a restaurant.

kaybear123
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM

McDonald's and Burger King are 16. We tried those first since they are close by. 

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Fast food places? I worked for McDonald's when I was 14 and 15, before I could get a job elsewhere. 

la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM

wow, they must have changed or maybe its decided per franchise, sorry, hope she finds something

Quoting kaybear123:

McDonald's and Burger King are 16. We tried those first since they are close by. 

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

_Mrs.H_
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I was a short order cook in a family owned sandwich shop at 15. 

Check any places like that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)