• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(7/31) Do you

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 40 Replies

have a retirement plan?  Moving away?  Staying put?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Financially, we have 2 403Bs, 3 401Ks, and a Roth IRA (with, like, very little in it) along with some other assets and investments. I do need to meet with our advisor to try to consolidate everything and then re-diversify, but we're just too busy right now to see that through.

As for where we would live, we wouldn't be in PA. My goal is to either live outside the US (when dd is older) or somewhere warmer. We used to live in SC and absolutely loved it. We may just move back there. We never know. We're kicking around moving next year after my mom passes away and dad moves to FL. If that's the case, there is very little reason to stay in the state we moved back to in order to be by family.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I would like to move away. Heck, I would like to know at this point. But, wouldn't happen until my parents are both gone I am sure. Tennessee sounds good. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:59 AM

My husband has a 401k, mine is a 403b, we also have a savings account.

Where we retire is another issue, lol. Sometime we talk about moving somewhere warmer probably south west like New Mexico or we discuss getting a little camper and traveling though the US.

cafay
by Terri on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Staying put as far as I can see.Family will keep us here.  We dream though. Andy loves California!

TerriC
by Terri on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I hope to move back to AZ to be closer to my family (they are in CA).  I wish we could go now as my Mom is in poor health, but it is not in the cards.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Financially, we have 2 403Bs, 3 401Ks, and a Roth IRA (with, like, very little in it) along with some other assets and investments. I do need to meet with our advisor to try to consolidate everything and then re-diversify, but we're just too busy right now to see that through.

As for where we would live, we wouldn't be in PA. My goal is to either live outside the US (when dd is older) or somewhere warmer. We used to live in SC and absolutely loved it. We may just move back there. We never know. We're kicking around moving next year after my mom passes away and dad moves to FL. If that's the case, there is very little reason to stay in the state we moved back to in order to be by family.

TerriC
by Terri on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I am going to Tennessee for the first time!  Leaving this Saturday and staying for a week, can't wait to see what it's like.  What part would you move to?

Quoting MichelleMc:

I would like to move away. Heck, I would like to know at this point. But, wouldn't happen until my parents are both gone I am sure. Tennessee sounds good. 

TerriC
by Terri on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I would love to eventually do some traveling as well.  I know we will end up back in AZ, but probably after the girls are out of school and on their own.

Quoting mumsy2three:

My husband has a 401k, mine is a 403b, we also have a savings account.

Where we retire is another issue, lol. Sometime we talk about moving somewhere warmer probably south west like New Mexico or we discuss getting a little camper and traveling though the US.

TerriC
by Terri on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

What part of CA does he like?

Quoting cafay:

Staying put as far as I can see.Family will keep us here.  We dream though. Andy loves California!

steelcrazy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We do have the 401k accounts, but honestly I don't think that we will ever retire.   I don't think that I will ever see a dime of the money that I have paid into social security.  I fear that we will be stuck here in the same house working until the day we die or completely lose it and have to be sent to the funny farm.

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I have a 401k for my old job.  I don't see us moving out of PA since all of our family and friends are here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)