Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where you ever on Television?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 18 Replies

Did you ever go on Television for a show?  Is it what you expected? Or were you disappointed? 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

No, I never was. My oldest son was.

We were watching our local cable station a few years back and they had a shot of him at a school assembly! He also sent in a picture to a local news station- you can send in weather related drawings and some are featured- his was- but that was just his picture and name on the news, not him.

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Yes,  my female cousin & I were on Sunnertime on the Pier in Atlantic City.   We both were teenagers & down the shore with my Aunt & our families.  Summertime on the Pier was on Television every weekend Saturday's & Sunday's in the summer.  I loved watching the show.  Ed Hurst was the host of the show.  It was taken inside the Steel Pier in a large dance hall with a stage.   They had special guests that came on to sing records that were on at that time.  Couples also danced to records they would put on.  The camera's would take you out on the beach, boardwalk, the ocean, things going on the steel Pier,  It was a great show back in the 60's.

My Aunt got my cousin Susan & I one Saturday.  We were both so excited to be on the show.  Both my cousin & I danced together. We had a great time.  I was very disappointed though.  It was more fun to watch the show at home then to actually be on the show.  It was an experience I'll never forget.  When I got home my neighbor asked me if I was on the show?   I told her yes I was we were down at Atlantic City for vacation.  She said I thought I saw you on that show!

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Great I bet your son was excited!  Did you know your son was going to be seen at the school assembly?  Or was it a surprise!   Your son must be very talented to draw & get his drawing picked to be on the weather station.  Good for him!

Quoting SahmTam:

No, I never was. My oldest son was.

We were watching our local cable station a few years back and they had a shot of him at a school assembly! He also sent in a picture to a local news station- you can send in weather related drawings and some are featured- his was- but that was just his picture and name on the news, not him.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Nope

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I was in the studio audience of the Montel Williams show in NY twice.  That was really fun.  I'm also in a home video for the band, Tesla.  When i was in high school they were filming their show at the Trocadero in Philadelphia and we knew that the show was going to be taped.  I was surprised to see that there's a close up of me in the video.  My sister was standing right next to me, but she's not in it. lol

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I would love to be in the Studio Audience of a show I really like.  That must be really fun.  Being in a video in High School must have really been exciting!  What kind of show were you doing?

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I was in the studio audience of the Montel Williams show in NY twice.  That was really fun.  I'm also in a home video for the band, Tesla.  When i was in high school they were filming their show at the Trocadero in Philadelphia and we knew that the show was going to be taped.  I was surprised to see that there's a close up of me in the video.  My sister was standing right next to me, but she's not in it. lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Nope.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I was on the news once in high school. 

My son was on the news a couple times. 

No TV shows though. 

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:24 PM

What were you on the news for in High School?  What did you do?   What did your son do that he also was on the news?    Good Job!

Quoting MichelleMc:

I was on the news once in high school. 

My son was on the news a couple times. 

No TV shows though. 

Dona127
by Dona on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

My cousin Janet was a young gril & she was on television for her Birthday one year.  She was on Happy the Clown.  My Aunt had to drive to Philadelphia for the show.  My Aunt knew when she would be on the show so I could watch her.  It was pretty neat watching your cousin on television.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)