Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O from On TV post~

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone in your family ever been in the newspaper?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, too many of us and too often to even mention them all.  Being in the newspaper is a regular occurance in our world.  lol

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Now that one is ALOT LOL. My son has been on the front page of the newspaper in CT & in PA 4 times. 2 times directly about him, 2 others were things he was doing. One being at the racetrack & one being scouting for food with scouts. The 2 directly about him were Once when he won the Lowe's Derby Design Contest & was flown to a Nascar race, met Jimmy Johnson & got his award. He & hubby were in Boy's Life, a scout magazine, etc. So it was a huge deal. Then, He was on the front page for his Flag Raising Ceremony for his Eagle Scout project. Since he chose to do it at a District Court Magistrates office it was a big deal, plus have a ceremony for the flag raising made it bigger. 

Then inside the newspaper, many times for scouts, the band, school, sports or other things. We even have times he was put in for a friends first birthday ( a think they did locally back then ) and his first birthday. 

My husband has been on the front page when he helped with the Memorial Day parade & He was in uniform & saluting. Then few times with scouts. 

I was on the front page with Jonathan in the race picture. I was on the front page when I crossed over my Lion's. First ever Lion Scouts, Kindergarten age. So, that was big. Then I was in the other pages with the whole group of Lions & Jonathan as he was my unofficial den chief. 

Newspapers are such a thing, Jonathan doesn't even blink at being in them. We were laughing at that at setting up his graduation stuff. 

Michelle, Body Combat Addict 
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Join us in the  Pennsylvania Moms group.

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Not that I know of

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids and I were in at the end of a summer Rec Center program one year. My older two kids were on the front page on the first day of school 3 years ago- they had just gotten off the bus and were walking into school- it was an article about the start of school in the area. My youngest's name and his oil pastel that was in our district's art show were featured a few months ago on a page that had 12 of the pieces- one from each grade from 1st-12th.

That's all I can recall right now, but something is telling me there were a few more times.

TerriC
by Terri on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  Even me!  LOL.  I was shopping at the grand opening of Burlington years ago when DD2 was little and they photographed us.  LOL.  With my FIL being a former President Judge in our county, he was in the paper often and now with my SIL being an elected official so to speak, she is making the headlines as well.  My MIL is involved with a lot of community events so she is also in the paper often.

TerriC
by Terri on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, and both my kids made the paper for participating in a canned food drive for school.

SlightlyPerfect
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Lots of my family members have been in newspapers. And not often for good things.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my kids have all been, dh and I have been... Most recently our newspaper did a feature on our autism support group/playgroup at our church and my dh and son were in it as well as my other 2 kids in a pic of a group of kids playing. It was cool. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM

My kids have been in the paper for school events/field trips a couple of times.

I've been in the paper a couple of times for completing 5k events with the staff and students I work with.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Lots of my family members have been in newspapers. And not often for good things.

"like" for being in the paper, especially for the good things :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)