Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(9/11) Do you

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM
  • 20 Replies

have a method for tipping?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by Terri on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Not really. My husband does. Since his parents owned a resteraunt for many years, he's very sensitive to the people who work at food servive places. But in general, for me, the better you are, the nicer the tip.

TerriC
by Terri on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I do agree with that, if someone is very rude, they do not deserve any tip, they deserve me talkign to their manager.  Luckily, I have actually never had to do that.  I tip $1.00 for every $5.00 I spend.

Quoting cafay:

Not really. My husband does. Since his parents owned a resteraunt for many years, he's very sensitive to the people who work at food servive places. But in general, for me, the better you are, the nicer the tip.

cafay
by Terri on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM

We were in a place just the other weekend for breakfast and we waited for almost 20 minutes for our check. She had been nice enough, but waiting for just the check was so aggravating. I would have deducted her tip for that alone. We didnt even see her to ask her for it. Andy tipped his normal. He said he was just enjoying our time together, so it didn't bother him. But I was like, just take away 1 dollar! But he wouldn't. He's such a sucker! Lol!

Quoting TerriC:

I do agree with that, if someone is very rude, they do not deserve any tip, they deserve me talkign to their manager.  Luckily, I have actually never had to do that.  I tip $1.00 for every $5.00 I spend.

Quoting cafay:

TerriC
by Terri on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:26 AM

LOL!  Yeah, waiting that long for a check isn't okat at all.

Quoting cafay:

We were in a place just the other weekend for breakfast and we waited for almost 20 minutes for our check. She had been nice enough, but waiting for just the check was so aggravating. I would have deducted her tip for that alone. We didnt even see her to ask her for it. Andy tipped his normal. He said he was just enjoying our time together, so it didn't bother him. But I was like, just take away 1 dollar! But he wouldn't. He's such a sucker! Lol!

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting cafay:

TableforSeven
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

10% is common here for food service tips.  I basically round to the nearest sheckle or 5 sheckle (depending on what type of coins I have on me at the time).

lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We usually tip 20% or more.  It depends on the service.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I usually go by service & then what we are told we need to do.

I hate when I have to basically beg for a drink. So if they aren't slammed & they can't keep my drink up, which I don't hide my cup & make sure it is where they can see if it is getting low, that is a huge factor for me. 

TerriC
by Terri on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Same here.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

We usually tip 20% or more.  It depends on the service.

TerriC
by Terri on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Yeah, if I got bad service, that would certianly factor in.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I usually go by service & then what we are told we need to do.

I hate when I have to basically beg for a drink. So if they aren't slammed & they can't keep my drink up, which I don't hide my cup & make sure it is where they can see if it is getting low, that is a huge factor for me. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We almost always do 20%. More if you we get exceptional service. I have never not left a tip but will leave less than standard 15% if service is bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)