Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the best cities to live in closest to NY with top rated schools and is family friendly?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hi everyone, My family and I currently live in NY. We are thinking of moving to PA and are currently looking into Tannersville, PA. Does anyone here live there? How's the school district there? Are the lots of baby/kids programs? I have a one year old baby and love doing activities with him on a daily basis such as mommy and me classes, libraries, playdates etc. Any info on Tannersville is greatly appreciated. Our main focus is a town with top schools and family friendly and ofcourse lowest crime rate.

We are looking for a town that is close to NY. Other recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
aprilz1225
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

well ephrata is nice good schools. half an hour to amtrak philly about an hour, ny two hours. Reading is about 30 mins away with a lot of things to do also. lots of kids things all over. housing is cheap too.

Dona127
by Dona on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I think you are making an excellent move to Tannersville.  Which is in the Pocono Mountain area.  I'm sure there is a lot of things to do in the area.  I believe there is a ski resort there.  I don't think you would be unhappy living there.  In fact I would love to live there myself!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)