Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Bitter sweet ending...

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 15 Replies

A young woman that was a bit behind me in school passed beyond what this world has to offer yesterday and it is so bitter sweet.  This lady has endured cancer 12 times since she was 29.  I think it's very ironic that she was first diagnosed with breast cancer and passed away on October 1st.  It is all over face book, of course.  Her hometown has had fund raiser after fund raiser for her trying to ease the burden knowing the end was near.  She never gave up and always smiled.  She raised 2 kids through it all and never stopped working.  I am pretty good friends with her brother and sis in law.  We spend time together for different events through the year and through hunting season.  They are all good people and they will miss her but, I know they are relieved this young woman will endure no more cancer.  God Bless them all.

How2Be

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM

So sorry to hear that.  My Mom passed away September 20th.  Her cancer started as lung cancer and spread to her brain.

Thinking of you, your friend and the family!

MichelleMc
by Representative on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Cancer is just so evil :( So sorry to hear about your friend. 

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Very sad. Praying for peace for all of her family and friends!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Quoting TerriC:

So sorry to hear that.  My Mom passed away September 20th.  Her cancer started as lung cancer and spread to her brain.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Terri! I must have missed that while we were away. Praying for you and your family!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

SlightlyPerfect
Chanting. "4 more weeks."
Yesterday at 8:14 PM
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Did she pass away? I am so sorry to hear that. I didn't know. That was my birthday, and I was at the beach, so that's probably why I missed it.

My mom's still hanging in there, but they think it will happen this month.

Quoting TerriC:

SlightlyPerfect
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Cancer sucks. I am so sorry to hear.

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

She went peacefully, I was so happy to hear that.  The last few days for her, you could tell were a struggle even though she couldn't tell us.  I actually hadn't put it on here til now.  Even though we were expecting it, it was still such a hard blow. 

Sorry about your Mom, it is so hard to watch our loved ones go through this.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Did she pass away? I am so sorry to hear that. I didn't know. That was my birthday, and I was at the beach, so that's probably why I missed it.

Quoting TerriC:

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Thank you Tammy.  No, today is the first day I mentioned it.  <3

Quoting SahmTam:

Quoting TerriC:

I'm very sorry to hear that, Terri! I must have missed that while we were away. Praying for you and your family!

SlightlyPerfect
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I've heard that about death like this. You can never be prepared, which seems counterintuitive, but it's true.

I mean, how does one walk the planet without a mother? I've never been motherless. I don't know how to do that.

Quoting TerriC:

She went peacefully, I was so happy to hear that.  The last few days for her, you could tell were a struggle even though she couldn't tell us.  I actually hadn't put it on here til now.  Even though we were expecting it, it was still such a hard blow. 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting TerriC:

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Hardest thing I have ever done.  :-(

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I've heard that about death like this. You can never be prepared, which seems counterintuitive, but it's true.

I mean, how does one walk the planet without a mother? I've never been motherless. I don't know how to do that.

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting TerriC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)