Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pissing me off more than usual

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

We live on the second floor of an apartment building and our neighbors are such assholes! We have asked them so many times before not to slam the doors and to not bang on the walls. They are STILL doing it. They constantly wake up our son when he is napping because they are so loud. What can I do?? Asking isnt doing a damn thing and our landlords could careless what they do as long as rent gets paid. We live in a townhouse that was converted into an apartment building

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KikiB85
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Noise complaints if its after 8pm but police wont do anything during daytime hrs :-\
JRSMOM0621
by Katrina on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

which really sucks :/ They have been like this for 2 years. Worse now more than normal since my kid is very touchy as of late.

Quoting KikiB85:

Noise complaints if its after 8pm but police wont do anything during daytime hrs :-\

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I have no solution, but lots of sympathy as we used to live in townhome-converted-to-apartments and it was awful. At first we had a quiet little old lady living below us, but then she moved out and we got terrible neighbors. Cigarette smoke would filter into our apartment. The neighbor downstairs went to work at 3am and had no problem getting up at 2:30am and blaring his music until he left. But during the day he wanted to sleep in silence. Me walking around in my apartment was too disturbing to him and he would follow my footsteps (since the layout of his apartment was the same as ours) and bang in his ceiling/my floor with something (a broom??). Well, what can I say- I'm not an unrealistically heavy/loud walker and I needed to walk around my apartment and I was pregnant! Ugh.

I was never so glad to get out of a living situation as when we moved out of there!

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Maybe start being just as loud and give them a taste of their own medicine?  I can't believe after asking that they would still be so rude!!  :-(

bhow
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Never been there, sorry.   Maybe if you really confuse them by saying something to the effect of..."It seems you do not and can not retain the capacity to share human compassion and for that I feel sorry for you".

I like messing with people's minds.

JRSMOM0621
by Katrina on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Thankfully we are moving at the end of this month. I am counting down the days!

Quoting SahmTam:

I have no solution, but lots of sympathy as we used to live in townhome-converted-to-apartments and it was awful. At first we had a quiet little old lady living below us, but then she moved out and we got terrible neighbors. Cigarette smoke would filter into our apartment. The neighbor downstairs went to work at 3am and had no problem getting up at 2:30am and blaring his music until he left. But during the day he wanted to sleep in silence. Me walking around in my apartment was too disturbing to him and he would follow my footsteps (since the layout of his apartment was the same as ours) and bang in his ceiling/my floor with something (a broom??). Well, what can I say- I'm not an unrealistically heavy/loud walker and I needed to walk around my apartment and I was pregnant! Ugh.

I was never so glad to get out of a living situation as when we moved out of there!

JRSMOM0621
by Katrina on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM

LMAO I so love it.

Quoting bhow:

Never been there, sorry.   Maybe if you really confuse them by saying something to the effect of..."It seems you do not and can not retain the capacity to share human compassion and for that I feel sorry for you".

I like messing with people's minds.

JRSMOM0621
by Katrina on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I had hoped they would get the hint but guess some people are just that stupid

Quoting TerriC:

Maybe start being just as loud and give them a taste of their own medicine?  I can't believe after asking that they would still be so rude!!  :-(

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I think you're right!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I had hoped they would get the hint but guess some people are just that stupid

Quoting TerriC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)