Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Central Pennsylvania’s Irish restaurants

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

http://www.centralpennparent.com/Heres-The-Scoop/March-2014/Central-Pennsylvanias-Irish-restaurants/

Everybody is feeling a bit Irish this time of year with St. Patty’s Day coming Monday.

If you don’t have the money nor time (honestly, does anyone?) to head to the Emerald Isle, you’re in luck. The midstate is home to multiple Irish restaurants and pubs with enough corned beef and hash to have you singing “Erin go bragh.”

Coakley’s Irish Restaurant and Pub: (305 Bridge St., New Cumberland) This mainstay to the West Shore for the past 37 years offers a special St. Patty’s Day menu.

Ceoltas Irish Pub: (310 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) “Ceoltas” is Gaelic for “music,” and this pub features old-Celtic décor and styling combined with modern Irish food and drinks.

Molly Brannigans: (2nd and Walnut streets, Harrisburg) The tables, chairs and other interior décor are imported from Ireland then rebuilt by Irish craftsmen. Molly’s goes for an authentic feel and atmosphere.

McGrath’s Irish Pub and Restaurant: (202 Locust St., Harrisburg) Another pub that has that authentic Irish feel, McGrath’s features Irish cuisine and drinks including shepherd’s pie and Irish meatloaf.

Annie Bailey’s Irish Pub and Restaurant: (28 E. King St., No. 30, Lancaster) Annie Bailey’s has an atmosphere for everyone, including Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch perfect for families. Enjoy a mix of Irish fare and American cuisine in this Dublin-inspired restaurant.

Maewyn’s Irish Pub and Restaurant: (110 N. George St., York) Named after St. Patrick (Maewyn Succat was his real name), Maewyn’s is also a cozy spot with the interior imported and built in Ireland. It’s only opened on weekend evenings, but it will be open all day this Saturday-Monday.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM

My mom was obsessed with McGrath's. She said it was in an alley, though, and so it was harder to find. She gave me directions before she passed away. I have to get there.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Its a nice little place.  It looks like a house, even on the inside.  Its not hard to find :)

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

My mom was obsessed with McGrath's. She said it was in an alley, though, and so it was harder to find. She gave me directions before she passed away. I have to get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN