Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it so cold already

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM
  • 12 Replies
Did we even have a summer this year?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:41 AM

IDK about you, but we were in our pool pretty much every day in June and July.  I'm enjoying this weather, but then again I'm going through menopause and the hot flashes are a bitch.  I honestly think that my body temp is a few degrees warmer than it used to be since I'm almost always hot now.

lizfnf
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I can't say I am hating this weather.  We've been berry picking, trail walking, and play ground playing much more this summer than last.  Last year I rememeber being at the pool a lot more, sweating.  We're also converting to gas heat/ac on Monday so being without ac for a day hopefully won't push me into a full blown rage.  I have been picking up more fall clothes though, since my daughter walks to school and it seems we will be needing the layers earlier than usual.  Hopefully this means a mild winter!

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I love that it is not super hot! We have been having 60 degree days and such, the nights of course have been high 40's & low 50's, but I have loved it. It has taken a toll on my body because season change does cause some issue, and the back & forth & one minute high 70's and then low 60's is rough. But I love fall and that is what it has felt like. I hate hate hate hate 90 degree days. 

spitfire06
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Haha I've gone the whole summer without a/c ! It been sooo cold omg.. I loved the hot days we had when I could actually use our pool

Quoting lizfnf:

I can't say I am hating this weather.  We've been berry picking, trail walking, and play ground playing much more this summer than last.  Last year I rememeber being at the pool a lot more, sweating.  We're also converting to gas heat/ac on Monday so being without ac for a day hopefully won't push me into a full blown rage.  I have been picking up more fall clothes though, since my daughter walks to school and it seems we will be needing the layers earlier than usual.  Hopefully this means a mild winter!

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Yeah I think we used A/C once for a few hours to just cool things off. But otherwise, never have needed it. Makes me happy because I HATE A/C. 

Quoting spitfire06: Haha I've gone the whole summer without a/c ! It been sooo cold omg.. I loved the hot days we had when I could actually use our pool
Quoting lizfnf:

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:57 PM

It seems like we've had more warm days than cool in my part of the state. I like warm days and cool days equally well. I don't like stinking hot/humid days, but fortunately we haven't had a ton of those!

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I prefer colder.  I want to move north.  My husband says no LoL

LML1
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Crazy right?! Haven't had the chance to really enjoy our pool...

Dona127
by Dona on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I agree with you! The summer last year was a lot hotter than it was this year.  Last year we had days in the High 80's it was so hot!  This summer was kind of mild some days I would not even get in a pool.  I live on the Eastern Part of Pa. near Allentown.

Quoting lizfnf:

Dona127
by Dona on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:48 PM

You must be a snow bunny!   I HATE colder weather even though when I was a teenager I loved to ice skate.  The cold weather didn't bother me like it does today.  I have a low thyroid so that might be the reason.  My husband also loves the warmer weather!

Quoting Vertical15:

I prefer colder.  I want to move north.  My husband says no LoL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)