Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Lights??

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

When your driving around do you notice all the beautiful Christmas lights on the houses.  Some are nicer than others wouldn't you say?  Do you have your Christmas lights up yet?  When do you plan to get them up?wreath

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Dec. 5, 2014 at 5:36 AM

I love going around to see Christmas lights. There was one section of town that used to go ALL OUT. You can tell they must have gotten older or died now, it isn't done anymore. Sometimes I will go somewhere later on purpose to go see them. 

I don't have any up because you can't see our house really from the road. Plus the main road here is 50 and people think that means 65-70. So, they wouldn't see them anymore. No sense in it. I used to go all out when I lived in a more city or in military housing area, where people could see it our walk around & see lights.  

Dona127
by Dona on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM

That must have looked beautiful!  Sad to say they must have gotten older or have died or they would have kept it up.  We live off the main road too but a lot of our neighborhood still put lights up on their houses.  It looks nice for the neighbors & gives us the Christmas Feeling. We do some lighting on our house with our bushes in the front.  My husband always likes a Christmas wreath on the door with a green light shinning on it.  It looks really pretty.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I love going around to see Christmas lights. There was one section of town that used to go ALL OUT. You can tell they must have gotten older or died now, it isn't done anymore. Sometimes I will go somewhere later on purpose to go see them. I don't have any up because you can't see our house really from the road. Plus the main road here is 50 and people think that means 65-70. So, they wouldn't see them anymore. No sense in it. I used to go all out when I lived in a more city or in military housing area, where people could see it our walk around & see lights.  

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Dec. 6, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I love looking at people's lights!  We haven't even brought our Christmas stuff to our new house yet.  I'm hoping to at least decorate a bit.  I don't need to go all out-we just moved in Sunday!  We do have a wreath on the front door though :)

I'm so sad my kids don't like going to Sweet Lights at Hersheypark anymore.  I loved driving through it!  Thankfully they still enjoy the park which is nicely decorated and we hope to get there at least once this season!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)