Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

What do you normally eat for breakfast?  Hot cereal, cold cereal, eggs with bacon or ham, french toast with syrup, pan cakes?  Or do you sometimes go out for breakfast at a restaurant?

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Usually a protein shake.  Sometimes cereal.  Depends on the day and what I'm doing.  If I do Crossfit I also have two hard boiled egg whites before I leave so I have something small in my stomach and then a protein shake after.  I have cereal about once a week as a treat with almond milk.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:11 AM

Usually toast. Sometimes eggs. When we go out, I do love having breakfast at my favorite place. 

Dona127
by Dona on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:38 PM

You eat very healthly with your protein shakes.  Why do you only eat the hard boil egg whites?  I know it's healhier for you than eating the yokes.

Quoting Vertical15:

Usually a protein shake.  Sometimes cereal.  Depends on the day and what I'm doing.  If I do Crossfit I also have two hard boiled egg whites before I leave so I have something small in my stomach and then a protein shake after.  I have cereal about once a week as a treat with almond milk.

Dona127
by Dona on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Do you eat your toast dry or with something on it?   How do you like your eggs in the morning?  Do you have anything else with your eggs?

Quoting MichelleMc:

Usually toast. Sometimes eggs. When we go out, I do love having breakfast at my favorite place. 

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Feb. 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM

No way on plain. Gag. Butter, peanut butter & jelly.

Eggs are dippy. ( Yolks aren't bad for you. Thankfully they just came back out & said, yeah, we over reacted with that LOL ). Not at home usually unless its the weekend then maybe pancakes. 

Quoting Dona127:

Do you eat your toast dry or with something on it?   How do you like your eggs in the morning?  Do you have anything else with your eggs?

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:54 PM

It gives me enough energy to get through the workout without a ton of excess calories or too much heavy in my stomach.  I'll also sometimes subsitute those for half a banana.  If I don't eat anything I get dizzy.  The egg white is mostly protein and quick.  Bananas are good on days I am feeling sluggish.  They give me an extra boost of sugar-I guess?  They just seem to offer me what I need to not fall over! 

I try to be healthy.  I am training to do a Spartan Sprint in the Poconos in July!  I need to lose at least 30lbs, more if I can manage it.  My ultimate goal is 70 more lbs but I'll take 30 before the race.  I have a lot of races, OCRs and fun runs on my list of things to do this year :)

Quoting Dona127:

You eat very healthly with your protein shakes.  Why do you only eat the hard boil egg whites?  I know it's healhier for you than eating the yokes.

Quoting Vertical15:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 21, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Usually a bagal with cashew butter or cream cheese. Sometimes waffles, or cereal. I don't have time to go out to breakfast during the work week, and no one to go to breakfast with on the weekends, lol.

Dona127
by Dona on Feb. 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM

I have a variety of things for breakfast.  Oat meal with fruit like strawberries or blueberries on top.  Cream of wheat or a variety of healthy hot grain cereals.  Egg omletts with vegetables & spinish.  I love scrambled eggs!  Cold cereals with low fat milk & a sliced banana.  Hot herbal teas!

Dona127
by Dona on Feb. 21, 2015 at 11:03 AM

I'm also into eating healthly foods.  My doctor what's me to go on The Mediterranean Diet!  Did you ever hear of that!  It's eating very healthly foods that are natural, lots of frutis & vegetables, whole grains for cereals or breads.  More fish, chicken & seafood rather than eating meats.  You can eat red meats only not so often.  I'm reading a good book on the beginnings of how it all started.  Very interesting.

You also eat very healthy because you run alot in your races that you get into.  What is a Spartan Sprint?  Love the Poconos!  Good luck on your event & losing your weight.

Quoting Vertical15:

It gives me enough energy to get through the workout without a ton of excess calories or too much heavy in my stomach.  I'll also sometimes subsitute those for half a banana.  If I don't eat anything I get dizzy.  The egg white is mostly protein and quick.  Bananas are good on days I am feeling sluggish.  They give me an extra boost of sugar-I guess?  They just seem to offer me what I need to not fall over! 

I try to be healthy.  I am training to do a Spartan Sprint in the Poconos in July!  I need to lose at least 30lbs, more if I can manage it.  My ultimate goal is 70 more lbs but I'll take 30 before the race.  I have a lot of races, OCRs and fun runs on my list of things to do this year :)

Quoting Dona127:

Quoting Vertical15:

Dona127
by Dona on Feb. 21, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Sounds really good.  I love cashew butter & cream cheese.  Did you ever try almond butter freshly ground?  It's delicious.  I'm sorry to hear you don't have anyone to go out with you for breakfast on the weekends.  Maybe you could ask a friend to go with you.  My husband is recently retired & we go out for lunch or breakfast nearly every day.  I love to see all the people eating & it's great to be out of the house for a while.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Usually a bagal with cashew butter or cream cheese. Sometimes waffles, or cereal. I don't have time to go out to breakfast during the work week, and no one to go to breakfast with on the weekends, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)