Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scrapbooking

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

Yesterday I went to a scrapbook day! It was a lot of fun. I am not a good scrapbooker at home. It is too boring. I like going out with a bunch of other scrapbookers. I am working on the Army Scrapbook my son bought me. I filled it LOL. Glad I can add some more pages. 15 is clearly NOT enough LOL. 

I am caught up really to most people, but to me I am behind. I do yearly books. I am working on my 2013 album now. It will be QUITE big & might have to be two because it is the last year my son was home. Graduation, going into the Army & all. We will see LOL. 

Anyone else Scrap?

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dona127
by Dona on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I believe I was at a party once & thought it was quite interesting.  Different kinds of scissors, colored papers & all kinds of different things to make your album look neat.  I was working on mine when I was a baby, growing up, teenager & married pictures.  Going away with my husband to different places.  It looked reallly neat.  I stayed home & did it all alone.

When I had a Birthday Party one year that was really special I put them on display.  Kind of on a pegged backboard on the wall.  I had one going up & down as I went across the board.  It really looked nice & gave the party an awesome party table.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Yeah it has kind of really gone to machines that print things out for you & printed paper & stickers now. It has even gone to quick albums where you just stick pictures in as is, with one piece of cardboard. I don't like it, but some love it. To me, it is no different than the old albums of years ago, but hey, it works for some. 

It was awesome to have Jonathan's years all scrapbooked and at his graduation party people loved looking through all his years from start to current. 

Quoting Dona127:

I believe I was at a party once & thought it was quite interesting.  Different kinds of scissors, colored papers & all kinds of different things to make your album look neat.  I was working on mine when I was a baby, growing up, teenager & married pictures.  Going away with my husband to different places.  It looked reallly neat.  I stayed home & did it all alone.

When I had a Birthday Party one year that was really special I put them on display.  Kind of on a pegged backboard on the wall.  I had one going up & down as I went across the board.  It really looked nice & gave the party an awesome party table.

Michelle,

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM

I used to.  Still have all my stuff but I haven't in ages.  I'd like to again but we are so busy these days!

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I only scrap in the fall & winter, sometimes into spring. We are too busy in summer, plus I don't like to waste nice weather scrapbooking LOL. 

I am slowly getting out of it now that my son is grown. I want to finish his last year though album though and he bought me the Army album I wanted so I have been working on that. I got his first year done. LOL. 

Quoting Vertical15:

I used to.  Still have all my stuff but I haven't in ages.  I'd like to again but we are so busy these days!

Michelle,

tjaa
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:10 AM
Dh bought me this huge kit years ago (it's like a little suit case) full of scrapbooking stuff that I wanted. I made one page and didn't like it! I made a cross country scrap book and a high school scrapbook before I had kids. I feel like I'm not very crafty compared to other people's scrapbooks. When my oldest/first dd was born my moms friend made a scrapbook for me as a shower gift and all I had to do was put the pictures in it. It was and still is my favorite baby gift and I have three kids (all girls) and it's the only complete scrapbook!
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:33 AM

I don't scrap like anyone else either. I don't care though, LOL. I just can NOT waste hours on one page for one picture. Hecks no! But as many scrappers will tell you, the most important thing about a scrapbook is that it is personal, like journalling in your handwritting and things like that, so don't let it stop you from scrapping. I am very "boring" in the grand scheme of scrapping but I still like it. People still like my albums, but most of all, my son & husband love them. 

Quoting tjaa: Dh bought me this huge kit years ago (it's like a little suit case) full of scrapbooking stuff that I wanted. I made one page and didn't like it! I made a cross country scrap book and a high school scrapbook before I had kids. I feel like I'm not very crafty compared to other people's scrapbooks. When my oldest/first dd was born my moms friend made a scrapbook for me as a shower gift and all I had to do was put the pictures in it. It was and still is my favorite baby gift and I have three kids (all girls) and it's the only complete scrapbook!

Michelle,

Dona127
by Dona on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I feel scrapbooking makes your plain pictures look nicer in an album.  You dress them up with color or different kinds of scissors.  You can also add little hearts or other things on your page.  Instead of looking at a plain picture album you have a nicer looking album to look at.  If you use your creative talents you can come up with some pretty nice albums.scrapbooking Have fun!

lizfnf
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 10:41 PM
I started my daughter's baby book. Got busy and it's like half done. I still have all the stuff. I swear I will get it done by he time she graduates high school. Ugh, I'm the worst.
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Mar. 18, 2015 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww, LOL. How I did it was just start with current & I then I worked backwards. It helped me, when I was behind & starting again, to start with current pictures that I liked to see, and then work backwards. I went to a few day scraps and I got caught up. Even if you can go to a weekender. The first weekender I went to, I did over 48 pages LOL. 

Quoting lizfnf: I started my daughter's baby book. Got busy and it's like half done. I still have all the stuff. I swear I will get it done by he time she graduates high school. Ugh, I'm the worst.

Michelle,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)