• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PA Day Trip Ideas

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 12:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm definitely doing crystal caverns this summer with my daughter. We live so close to it that it's insane if we don't. Is 8 too old for dutch wonderland? I've never been.
Suckit90
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
No. They can get in all sides at that age!!!!!!

Quoting lizfnf: I'm definitely doing crystal caverns this summer with my daughter. We live so close to it that it's insane if we don't. Is 8 too old for dutch wonderland? I've never been.
Vertical15
by Vanessa on May. 18, 2015 at 7:02 PM

I remember going to Crystal Caverns as a kid but haven't been there since.  We live just down the road from Indian Echo but also haven't been there in a while.  I can't remember the last time I was there but it was as an adult. 

Dutch Wonderland is great for an 8yo!  I'd say about 10 or so they may start to be too old to really enjoy it but I haven't been there in years as well...We've been aiming for cheap/free things to do with a family of five it gets expensive.

Quoting lizfnf: I'm definitely doing crystal caverns this summer with my daughter. We live so close to it that it's insane if we don't. Is 8 too old for dutch wonderland? I've never been.

lizfnf
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter learned about it last summer at our local library program, but we never made it there. This year for sure, and we'll definitely check out dutch wonderland, thanks for the help!

Quoting Vertical15:

I remember going to Crystal Caverns as a kid but haven't been there since.  We live just down the road from Indian Echo but also haven't been there in a while.  I can't remember the last time I was there but it was as an adult. 

Dutch Wonderland is great for an 8yo!  I'd say about 10 or so they may start to be too old to really enjoy it but I haven't been there in years as well...We've been aiming for cheap/free things to do with a family of five it gets expensive.

Suckit90
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 11:46 PM
That's our boat. A family of 5 it gets expensive. Thankfully the twins are still free for another year and a half lol.
But we are aiming for free/cheap as well. We are planning a trip to DC zoo, we are gonna pack our lunches and just have to pay for gas, and find off street parking. Then the beach, same thing, off street parking and packed lunches in coolers. And then another day or two down in dc to do the museum's and etc. Not much free to do around this area.

I stay away from chocolate world after memorial day.

I love in Middletown by the way. So we are always looking for play dates.

Quoting Vertical15:

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on May. 19, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Wasn't much on that list I would want to see. A lot on that list they left off. Most things on that list aren't even on my side of the state. They left off most all of my side LOL. 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on May. 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM

My biggest complaint it my 12 yo costs the same as an adult for almost everything anymore.  Even food!  He doesn't eat nearly enough for that crap!  LOL

I also stay away from chocolate world once school lets out.  No need to deal with the crowds when we can go anytime in the winter.  Last summer we made plenty of free days at the *beach* by going to different state parks with beaches and swimming there and tons of closer playgrounds with stuff to do.  I made it a cheap summer.

How old are your kids?  My boys are 12, 7 and 5.  We should hang out sometime.  I bet we are pretty close by one another!

Quoting Suckit90: That's our boat. A family of 5 it gets expensive. Thankfully the twins are still free for another year and a half lol. But we are aiming for free/cheap as well. We are planning a trip to DC zoo, we are gonna pack our lunches and just have to pay for gas, and find off street parking. Then the beach, same thing, off street parking and packed lunches in coolers. And then another day or two down in dc to do the museum's and etc. Not much free to do around this area. I stay away from chocolate world after memorial day. I love in Middletown by the way. So we are always looking for play dates.
Quoting Vertical15:

Vertical15
by Vanessa on May. 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM

I bet this site has more!

http://www.4kidsinpa.com/

Quoting MichelleMc:

Wasn't much on that list I would want to see. A lot on that list they left off. Most things on that list aren't even on my side of the state. They left off most all of my side LOL. 

Suckit90
by Member on May. 19, 2015 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how my 7 year old is!!!!!! She can eat a full grown man meal!

I'm in Middletown so only right up the street.

Quoting Vertical15:

My biggest complaint it my 12 yo costs the same as an adult for almost everything anymore.  Even food!  He doesn't eat nearly enough for that crap!  LOL

I also stay away from chocolate world once school lets out.  No need to deal with the crowds when we can go anytime in the winter.  Last summer we made plenty of free days at the *beach* by going to different state parks with beaches and swimming there and tons of closer playgrounds with stuff to do.  I made it a cheap summer.

How old are your kids?  My boys are 12, 7 and 5.  We should hang out sometime.  I bet we are pretty close by one another!

Quoting Suckit90: That's our boat. A family of 5 it gets expensive. Thankfully the twins are still free for another year and a half lol. But we are aiming for free/cheap as well. We are planning a trip to DC zoo, we are gonna pack our lunches and just have to pay for gas, and find off street parking. Then the beach, same thing, off street parking and packed lunches in coolers. And then another day or two down in dc to do the museum's and etc. Not much free to do around this area. I stay away from chocolate world after memorial day. I love in Middletown by the way. So we are always looking for play dates.
Quoting Vertical15:

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)