Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Favorite Vacation Spots in North Carolina?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some of your favorite vacation spots in North Carolina?

What do you like about these places?

If you have pictures, please share them!

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
roysmom03
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM
This year we took our first family vacation to Nags Head. There were 4 families in the same house, we had a blast. There is plenty to do there or you can just relax on the uncrowded beach.
Angels_on_Guard
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina,it's not the only vacation spot we go to,but the others are not in N.C.I do remember a time we drive to Mount Airy N.C. which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive and stayed at a hotel,to swim and ride around the old places Andy Griffith hung out.It was a weekend vacation we did once in a very blue moon.What a beautiful place to visit and enjoy.

shawn_jax_mom
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Love the coast in september! It's still warm enough but not over crowded. The mountains are gorgeous in fall :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nannycare
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Wilmington so far. Wilmington! :0

Aislin
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I live at the beach so I love to take trips to the mountains. The Asheboro Zoo is a family favorite.

krs_tristan
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Cherokee for the mountains and Wilmington/oak island for the beach.
foytix
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM

We pretty much live in a tourist trap so we are here at the beach every day...we do love it here...when it's not as crowded.  Ashville has always been nice, we used to go every Jan before kids and stay at the Grove Park Inn. Otherwise we do not vacation in NC.

Journey311
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM

We've never officially vacationed in NC.  We've taken some long weekends in Asheville and Charlotte before and have gone to the beaches here several times.  It's so hard to pick between the beaches and the mountains.  I love them both!

Rebelchelle
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I absolutely love the mountains of North Carolina...especially Bat Cave, near Chimney Rock...my husband and I have our favorite little cottages that we like to stay in called Riverside Cottages...they are really cheap ($50/night)...but, you bring your own linens and food...has a TV...no phone...beds, kitchen, cooking utensils, fridge, screened porch to eat on by the river and it is absolutely our favorite...lots of antique shops, hiking and fishing to do and beautiful trees...apple picking, etc...we usually go the end of September right around apple time and stay for our anniversary weekend.

captivated1982
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM

My favorite place to take vacations in North Carolina is definitely the mountains...particularly the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Visiting Boone and Blowing Rock is nice b/c it is small and has a relaxed atmosphere :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN