Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Vacation Spots in North Carolina?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some of your favorite vacation spots in North Carolina?

What do you like about these places?

If you have pictures, please share them!

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
angie2568
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Wilmington, entire obx, elizabeth city, tweetsie railroad, asheville, maggie valley, south port, oak island, moorehead, beaufort, blue ridge/app trail/boone/cherokee, jacksonville - any all beaches in nc great.

givitup
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM

West Glow Spa in Blowing Rock if you ever want to really treat yourself!!

givitup
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:15 PM

You should consider Hickory - we are 45 mins. from the mountains, on a lake, have Baker's Mountain right here to hike, a nice downtown area with art galleries and good restaurants, the Furniture Mart (huge) a super community theater, a symphony, Science Center, Art Museum, parks, etc. etc.

MamaCandy79
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Cherokee/MaggieValley,NC.

TheStudyStyler
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:14 PM

HI i am Cherokee also , nice to meet ya

Quoting mylove4sammy:

My favorite Vacation spot is Cherokke/Maggie Valley NC I am Cherokke and the Mountains! We go every summer! It's so nice and relaxing! I love going to Ghost town i have been going there since i was a kid and its so nice to take my son! Shopping and cabins on the mountains. Its so nice you should go if you have never been!

TheStudyStyler
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM

i am close to the science center

Quoting givitup:

You should consider Hickory - we are 45 mins. from the mountains, on a lake, have Baker's Mountain right here to hike, a nice downtown area with art galleries and good restaurants, the Furniture Mart (huge) a super community theater, a symphony, Science Center, Art Museum, parks, etc. etc.

mylove4sammy
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM

So nice to meet you :) 

Quoting TheStudyStyler:

HI i am Cherokee also , nice to meet ya

Quoting mylove4sammy:

My favorite Vacation spot is Cherokke/Maggie Valley NC I am Cherokke and the Mountains! We go every summer! It's so nice and relaxing! I love going to Ghost town i have been going there since i was a kid and its so nice to take my son! Shopping and cabins on the mountains. Its so nice you should go if you have never been!

GypsyRayne
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I love the Outer Banks. We go there about every other year. we usually stay in Avon or Salvo. I love Hatterass Island. I also love Ocracoke, Cape Lookout is nice also. I paln to one day go to The Outer Banks and never leave.

I also love Asheville. Chimney Rock is nice also, though not as fun since they won't let you get in the river.

angie2568
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Tweetsie Railroad Blowing Rock, NC - Its very family oriented; the coal ran Train, panning for gold, the shops within.

Outer Banks (every single inch) - relaxing, very natural, lighthouses, monuments, museums/aquarium, estuaries, wild horses, outdoor dramas, history, restaurants-skeeters grill, front porch cafe.

Beaufort, NC - small waterfront town just full of history

Asheville, NC - Biltmore Estate, Grove park inn (B&B), pisgah national forest

Just driving on the Blue Ridge pkwy - NC

Wilmington, NC - battleship, coffee shops, the views of downtown, the river front

WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

we went to the mountains in Asheville two years ago for Christmas and it was really nice. the peoplewere a bit odd but nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)