Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

Do you feel your schools are overcrowded?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM
  • 10 Replies

Or are they just right?

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I really can say, until dd enters school next week.

I am biased, though, because I already dislike her school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oldfashionSAHM
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM

over crowded. i would homeschool but my husband is against it. i would love for a k-12 program here. that way hubby can have things his way with the public schooling and i could have my way with them being here. it's not the ideal thing but i think it's a good even ground. where we both get what we want.

kellynh
by Kelly on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Overcrowded... Definately
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I hear lots of positives about that though. I would be interested in that for my family

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

over crowded. i would homeschool but my husband is against it. i would love for a k-12 program here. that way hubby can have things his way with the public schooling and i could have my way with them being here. it's not the ideal thing but i think it's a good even ground. where we both get what we want.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Codysmom2106
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I wanted to do that to. I hate that they advertise but don't offer a free program in our state. The schools we are currently in are not overcrowded but the report cards are not anything to be proud of.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

I hear lots of positives about that though. I would be interested in that for my family

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oldfashionSAHM
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

our principal got replaced not long ago because the school was not doing well. things have not improved much at all either.

Quoting Codysmom2106:

I wanted to do that to. I hate that they advertise but don't offer a free program in our state. The schools we are currently in are not overcrowded but the report cards are not anything to be proud of.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

Codysmom2106
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
There's a new principle at ds school this year as well so only time will tell.

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

our principal got replaced not long ago because the school was not doing well. things have not improved much at all either.

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM

The school my kids go to isn't over crowded, but others in the county are. We live in a tiny district, so the school is fairly small. 

hope_love_dream
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM

overcrowded

jesse123456
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Where I teach, the population at the school waxes and waines. I had 52 kids in one math class for 4 weeks one year until the numbers gave us a new teaching position. Last year I had about 25 in each class which is not too bad of a number to deal with in a 6th grade math class. This year hasn't had a student walk in the door yet, but I can't wait to see how many show up. You never know until the body sits in a seat. I do know this. They are preparing the science and social studies to have 35 students per class and then split those kids for reading/math. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN