Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Moms North Carolina Moms

non-vaccinating mothers

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 14 Replies
Any in here? Anyone not sure what they want to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM

All my kids are now Vax'd.  I have delayed vax'ing.  My first 2 were on schedule, my 3rd son had serious reactions after each of his first 3 sets...so we delayed until he was nearly 4.  I also delayed my 4th until he was 2...then went back to vax'ing on schedule with my 5th (mostly because of where we live regionally...AZ, and with so many illegal immigants in the area, I worry about the likelihood of an epidemic of illness easily breaking out here).  We were living in NC while we were delyaing Vax's...and then our pediatrician there helped me chose which ones we were going to do, and which were probably ok to skip. 

Codysmom2106
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM
I'm not sure what you would call what we are doing but we are not getting all of them at each visit. She gets 2-3 every 8 weeks. I didn't want her to get them all at once. I just felt uneasy for some reason. She also had a horrible reaction to a set of shots. So anyway. That's how dd gets hers. Ds is fully vax'd and went right along with the normal schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oldfashionSAHM
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM

my older kids are partially vaxed and the youngest are not vaxed at all. I'm still looking for a doctor that will work with me on this. I'm looking for a doctor that's more a work with you then a do what i say no matter your opinions or worries kind of doctor. i have yet to find one.

I want someone that if i have a worry or a problem they will help me find my answers. i refuse to vax. till i get my answers. if they will not work with me on something i view as important then why would they on anything else.

IncognitoOne
by ResidentStalker on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I vax on a normal schedule...there are a few that we don't get, but they're the ones they suggest getting every year. 

panda425
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM
My kids I did a delayed vax schedule. No vax until 1. With the exception of vit k at birth. No mmr until 2. No chickenpox till 4. All three of my kids had reactions to mmr and chicken pox. Oh and they always got a fever from prevnar vax .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I got told I wasn't welcome back at the pediatrician office today unless we vaccinate my youngest. My oldest is vaccinated till 15 months (fully vaccinated) but will not be vaccinated any further.

I totally get what you're saying. I want someone who allows me to assist in the wellness of my children and respects my decisions as their parent. Work with me, not against me.

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

my older kids are partially vaxed and the youngest are not vaxed at all. I'm still looking for a doctor that will work with me on this. I'm looking for a doctor that's more a work with you then a do what i say no matter your opinions or worries kind of doctor. i have yet to find one.

I want someone that if i have a worry or a problem they will help me find my answers. i refuse to vax. till i get my answers. if they will not work with me on something i view as important then why would they on anything else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oldfashionSAHM
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM

That's right. I view it as my job to keep my family healthy. a doctors job is to aid in that and for emergency situations. I don't wanyone injecting anything into my kids without me know what it's all about. i have had a child that had a reaction to a vaccine once and it resulted in her stopping breathing and when i rushed her to the hospital was told it was in my head.

the last physical we had done the doctor had us in the room till he cleared the waiting room because i tried to talk to him about vaccines. plus he laughed at me for asking questions. hubby walked through the door of the room asking what i did to tick off the doctor because we should have already been out even the nurses didn't know what was going on or why we was still there. when we left i told then and the few new people in the waiting room i will never again step foot in there. and to have my kids records ready for a new doctor because i wouldn't give them a dime for my kids records. i'll pay someone else for them.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

I got told I wasn't welcome back at the pediatrician office today unless we vaccinate my youngest. My oldest is vaccinated till 15 months (fully vaccinated) but will not be vaccinated any further.

I totally get what you're saying. I want someone who allows me to assist in the wellness of my children and respects my decisions as their parent. Work with me, not against me.

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

BEXi
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this

My children are partially vaxed. I stopped once I did my own research on vaccines and the ingredients in them. I also learned a lot about natural immunity boosters. They were 6 months and 1 year when I stopped.

Rain2Rinse
by Representative on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Dd is currently up to date, but I will be Doug major research on any future shots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM

All of my kids have been vax'd. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN